• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pin hitch?

Bowhunter

Extreme
I just got rid of my 2004 venture and bought a new 2007 apex rtx and a new 2006 nytro. I do alot of ice fishing and was wondering where I can get a pin hitch so I can tow my trail boggen. I see yamaha offers a tow bumper but its a little pricey. Thanks for any advice......Jason

You can go retro and use a door hinge, just notch out one side with a hack saw. I did this about 25 years ago to tow a ski-boose with a '76 olympique 340... worked fine for years. Not sure how you would attach it to the rear of the new sleds though.

My dealer is selling an aluminum plate that is 8" wide x 14" long that sits on the extension and then part hangs out over the bumper with a another piece going down-all one piece-it is L shpaed. I bolted it to the extension and then put a pintle hitch on it with 2 bolts thru the bumper and the other 2 thru the plate. Haven't used it yet. Only planning on hauling a few hundred pounds at a time. This is on an 2006 APex Mtn.

David :yam:

Back