• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POLL Jumper cables

Do you carry jumper cables?

• Yes dont leave home with out them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No never thought i would need them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is there really a strap included with these sleds to start them from the clutch manually?
We've done that many times to 2 strokers.....

WeSled2 said:
I like to be prepared for all circumstances. Therefore I have been able to make room for my jumper cables along with other necessities such as my Automated External Defibrillator (AED), My spare Oxygen tank and a Parachute, which comes in handy for many circumstances, also I like to carry a flare gun, waterproof matches, a small torch, fishing line and a knife, in case we need to kill small game to survive.If any one has ever watched Survivorman, You will know that you do not need much more than this and Yes you can fit all of this on your sled.
Never leave home without jumper cables, What if your matches,Torch or flares do not work and you need to make a fire and besides that they don't take up much room!

RAMBO! lmao.....

Deadman said:
Is there really a strap included with these sleds to start them from the clutch manually?
We've done that many times to 2 strokers.....

If this were to ever happen, hope you ate your wheeties that morning.

Never used them and neither has anyone in my group. I packed them in the nose bag in my Attak, along with other things I hope not to use!

Cables

When I bought my 04 RX-1 I bought a pair of jumper cables that very week so I can carry them all the time. I have never had to use them but if I did they are there. As others have stated you can also start the sled by wrapping a tow strap around the clutch. Jumper cables are cheap insurance.

I dont carry one....

However I do carry a small little syphon, hand pump. Seems my buddies always try to push their two smokers as far as I do between gas stops :)

I don't see pulling this motor over by hand. Especially on a cold morning. No way...

I do not carry a set. Never needed them on the 05 RX in 6500 miles. But all my buddies were riding 2 smokes...until this coming year. One just bought a yami...so I guess it's time to make a set...

10 FT of 10 ga wire in the rear storage takes up O room , you don't need any ends !

Carry mine coiled up on top of my tool kit in the nose. Half inch by 4 inch in dia. takes up very little room.

Never used them yet but I have used my 1 amp trickle charger. Warm the battery in the morning with it while having breakfast for an hour and it turns over like crazy at -40 with 0-40 synthetic.

I think my battery is showing signs of age because the real cold temps affect it now when they never did before. Maybe a new one and put the old one in my bike.

true dat airwolf........................

learned the hard waymany years ago.

LazyBastard said:
When you think of ALL of the safety equipment needed in order to be TOTALLY safe, there is really no possible way to carry it all on your own. When you're traveling with a group, you can spread out the burden, but when you're alone, its better to stick with the essentials of living and just not go further than you are prepared to walk.

Regarding jumper cables, the usefulness of cables is limited to sleds with bad batteries. Other electrical problems will not benefit from cables since if the thing won't charge, then it won't run when the cables are disconnected.

Its a good idea to be certain that your battery is in top condition. I have found that the YTX20L-BS batteries usually live for about 8 years. If you have a second machine with a pull starter that uses the same battery (check your Yamaha ATV), then you can stagger the battery purchases and keep the older one in the machine with a pull starter, that way the machine without a pull starter always has a good battery. My RX1 gets a brand new battery this fall because I transferred its battery into my 2000 Kodiak.

Good idea LB

Back