• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

poor rear suspension fx rtx nytro

greenmachine93

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 nytro rtx
i got a 2008 fx nytro rtx. i had it where i could push the rear of the sled down about 3 inches with only a few pounds and it wouldnt come back up. it not like it bottoms out cause i rode it that way last year. i just had the rear shock rebuilt since i figured it was time to do that anyways and it still does it. i didnt check the the settings on the shock yet, but was just wondering if that would fix it? i have the torsion springs on high and i only weight maybe 180 with all my gear on.
thanks for the help

Sounds like your shocks are getting older. They loose their rebound as they age. When the weight comes off the rear end it stays flat and doesn't rise back up fully extended. The shocks will still work fine under operation, they just are working in tip top shape. Depending on their age it may be time for a rebuild.

After reading more about them, they need to be serviced way more often than I think most of us do...
MS

He had them rebuilt...bigger springs and the star kit fixed my problem...but I have the XTX not the RTX. I am pushing 300 with gear and I carry 3 gallons of gas on my tunnel and I have almost zero sag even with the 50 pounds of ice that builds up on those powder days.

ok i will look at bigger springs. is there any after market springs or do i have to order them through yamaha? thanks

i have the front skis on dollies but nothing under the back. would that still be an issue?

Yes, yes it would!
Put it on flat ground and you will get better rebound. Also, make sure to grease everything and spray lube on everything that doesn't have a grease nipple. Bounce it up and down a bunch of times and then grease and lube again.

Mine RTX used to have a few inches of sag, did the star 129 relocation kit, had hygear revalve and put a dual rate spring on it..Problem solved and it has never been such a pleasure to ride..She sits nice and tall in the rear now..

Attachments

• FOTF91B.JPG
    FOTF91B.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 158
Thats weird, my RTX has almost no sag. Im 220lbs and i run the spring on soft. On medium the rear suspension feels like a rock. I think its a stock spring too, the original owner was too much of a doorknob to change that.

Back