• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible change to 128 question

mcamzr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
So I am seriously considering stretching my nytro to 128 with the star kit. But I'm lost in what track to go with. I thought I would go with the 1.3 cobra but found out that they will make a 1.6 in the fall and I don't know what to do. My riding is done in northern Michigan and mostly on trail say 90+% but I want to start riding off more.i think the ripsaw is out for sure. I had one on my zr600 and it was the best ever, and then on a rev and it was ok. But it seems to me that the more torque the sled has the worse it is. I have searched this to death and thought that I'd be best to here form TY riders rather than other places on the web. Again this is just a thought at this point but a very likely one. Thanks for the imput. I look forward to it.

Ripsaw 2 isn't bad choice. The cobra is very soft track an won't dig in hard pack well, also the 1.3 as the rep told me is at the hugest point which are little nipples on the rib and that rtey are truely just a 1.25" track

I did the 136" straight rail and love it. I do wish I had done the Star skid relocate at the same time but didn't want to spend more $. I went with the Ripsaw 2 and I LOVE it! Way better cornering. Don't cheap out like I did! Even if you don't do a rail extension, the skid relocate looks like a great idea. Good luck!

At the start of the season I did the star 128 kit with ripsaw 2 and love it.....off trail is much improved. I can stop in the deep snow and take off no problem. The sled is way better over the stutter bumps. I will be changing the front spring in my skid like Robert from Start recommend this summer. I'm also thinking about adding a viper snow flap

I run a 129" 1.6 ice cobra.. It digs into the trail with no issues..It fawking rocks off trail. 1565mi on it this season, no issues with durability, top speed was increased with the better angle at the drivers. Moving on pavement is now possible too..lol

Also I heard the 128" ice cobra in a 2.52 pitch is not going to happen..I called Camoplast before I did mine, it's just a rumor..Here's a pic of mine when it was first done..Best mod I have done...

Attachments

• FOT579A.jpg
    FOT579A.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 95
I stretched mine to a 136" with the backcountry 1.75 last summer and would never go back to anything else. This set up is great for the trails and off trail in the deep stuff. I ride 90% of the time on groomed trails.

I run a 129" 1.6 ice cobra.. It digs into the trail with no issues..It fawking rocks off trail. 1565mi on it this season, no issues with durability, top speed was increased with the better angle at the drivers. Moving on pavement is now possible too..lol
That's interesting, I would have thought that the taller lug would have killed top end

That's interesting, I would have thought that the taller lug would have killed top end

The angle at the drivers is so much better, You did a 128" kit right???
I just hit 6,000mi on the sled, and man did it come alive..Did 112 on speedo, 109 on my phones GPS last week..Beginning of the season started with 4,500mi, it was consistent 101-102mph runner, and then it just started getting faster and faster...Really pumped about it, everything seems to be working really well together..

t
I just hit 6,000mi on the sled, and man did it come alive..Did 112 on speedo, 109 on my phones GPS last week..Beginning of the season started with 4,500mi, it was consistent 101-102mph runner, and then it just started getting faster and faster...Really pumped about it, everything seems to be working really well together..
that's crazy.....i can't even break 100mph even with my mods....

t

that's crazy.....i can't even break 100mph even with my mods....

How many miles you got on the sled????

I ran an Apex XTX studded and it had a bunch of Hauck goodies on it, exhaust, fuel controller, ect about 4 weeks ago, we were neck and neck till we both had to lift..I was shocked, guy said he was very impressed with how well my sled ran..Woot Woot!!!

I haven't checked my top end since the relocate, but a 1.6 lug will grab a lot more air than a 1.25, so theoretically it should slow the sled down...but 109 on gps doesn't lie...good speak for sure.

I installed a 128" Ripsaw II track, Tracks USA rail extension, and 153 Woodys studs last summer. I rode this past winter with this new set up and felt it was a significant improvement. I am glad that I went with the 128" track. No doubt, this is an expensive upgrade and should be done when a new track is needed. I decided "not" to go with the skid relocate. Over all sled stability has been improved.

I have pretty much completed all upgrades that I intend to add. I most likely will ride this sled for at least 5 more years.

How many miles you got on the sled????

I ran an Apex XTX studded and it had a bunch of Hauck goodies on it, exhaust, fuel controller, ect about 4 weeks ago, we were neck and neck till we both had to lift..I was shocked, guy said he was very impressed with how well my sled ran..Woot Woot!!!
I have over 12,000 miles on my sled......i just thought the KNS and PCV would really wake it up

Back