• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible new muffler option.

Kurt J

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
After 3 seasons of testing, I may be ready to bring my own Nytro muffler to market for NEXT season. I built my own muffler from 100% stainless steel to be a direct replacement for the original muffler. It fits great, and uses the original plastics. Tone is nice, and NOT obnoxious at all. I tend to ride around 200mi per day, and the sound doesn’t bother me at all. Power feels great, and I run it without a fuel tuner.

So here’s where I ask if I should go forward with a small production run. I have the welding fixture, and ability to build more in time for the 24/25 season. If you’re in the market for a Nytro muffler, would you try something new to the market? What price do you consider fair, given this product info?

Last edited:

Do you have a sound file so we can hear it?
I could record it, but haven’t yet. I’ve watched a bunch of YouTube videos showing what certain pipes sound like, but they don’t seem to stack up well to the real sound in person. Maybe I’ll record a rip down the trail, and see how it compares.

I recorded the sled, and took sound readings with the same test that MI dnr uses. Video won’t load here, but I posted on FB to Yamaha Nytro Chat/ Marketplace.

Using the DNR test, I measured 86.5Db at 4000rpm. That’s below the 88Db limit .
At full throttle, I recorded 118.5Db. I don’t know how these results compare with other Nytro exhaust systems, but I’m happy with the sound and ready to start an initial production run if there’s enough interest.

Is this the one?

After 3 seasons of testing, I may be ready to bring my own Nytro muffler to market for NEXT season. I built my own muffler from 100% stainless steel to be a direct replacement for the original muffler. It fits great, and uses the original plastics. Tone is nice, and NOT obnoxious at all. I tend to ride around 200mi per day, and the sound doesn’t bother me at all. Power feels great, and I run it without a fuel tuner.

So here’s where I ask if I should go forward with a small production run. I have the welding fixture, and ability to build more in time for the 24/25 season. If you’re in the market for a Nytro muffler, would you try something new to the market? What price do you consider fair, given this product info?
I would be interested, what would be the price (roughly) and would it ship to Canada?

I would be interested, what would be the price (roughly) and would it ship to Canada?
My target price is $279us. I don’t see any trouble shipping to CAN, but as long as you’re paying the freight costs I’m willing to send them across the border.

Back