• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Post a pic with handguards on your sled!

Nos Pro's & Mine :-o

Attachments

• t_06_manitoba_ty_ride_076_489.jpg
    t_06_manitoba_ty_ride_076_489.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 305
  • t_06_manitoba_ty_ride_075_132.jpg
    t_06_manitoba_ty_ride_075_132.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 303

Before I added 2" Rox Pivoting Riser...

Attachments

• Attak RS 3.jpg
    Attak RS 3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Attak Background.jpg
    Attak Background.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 289
Hey 2BLUE, did the Yamaha handguards fit without a problem on your Apex ? I have a set on the way, just wondering how well they fit.

R1Rider said:
Hey 2BLUE, did the Yamaha handguards fit without a problem on your Apex ? I have a set on the way, just wondering how well they fit.

You need to cut the plastic clips off the controls (that hold the wires) on each side and bend the brackets down a little bit (I heated mine up slightly and bent them in a vice) you can see in the second pic of my first post that they stick up a little too far...that was before I bent them. Here is a pic of the mounting bracket next to the handlebar controls...You can see you can't get them on the flat part of the bar so they stick up. I don't know that I have a pic after I cut the clips off but I will post it if I do.

Attachments

• Handguard 1.jpg
    Handguard 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Handguard 2.jpg
    Handguard 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 261
2BLUE4U said:
R1Rider said:

You need to cut the plastic clips off the controls (that hold the wires) on each side and bend the brackets down a little bit (I heated mine up slightly and bent them in a vice) you can see in the second pic of my first post that they stick up a little too far...that was before I bent them. Here is a pic of the mounting bracket next to the handlebar controls...You can see you can't get them on the flat part of the bar so they stick up. I don't know that I have a pic after I cut the clips off but I will post it if I do.

Looks good, Thanks ! Makes me wonder though, how did Yamaha get the same handguards to fit on the 07 RTX without a hitch ? I'll have to check it out when I visit the shop. ;)!

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference. I like the look of the Yamaha handguards myself, but the Powermadd are larger, so they would probably offer better protection from the wind.

snirt said:
rox makes a special billet mount for 06 apex/attak models....

No they don't...yet. I spoke to them and they halted production as they heard the bars were being changed. So instead of making them for one model year, they were waiting to find out what the new bars would be like.

I posted their response in another thread a couple weeks ago.

R1Rider said:
2BLUE4U said:
R1Rider said:

Looks good, Thanks ! Makes me wonder though, how did Yamaha get the same handguards to fit on the 07 RTX without a hitch ? I'll have to check it out when I visit the shop. ;)!

The Apex RTX bars are the wider bars like the '06 Nytro (which came stock with handguards) What I'm wondering is why would you offer the handguards as an accessory for the Apex and then NOT put the wider bars on that accomodate the handguard brackets??? Wouldn't it make sense just to make on size of bars?!?!?!? Yamaha has me going in circles on that one :drink: When I get my update kit for the handwarmers I'm going to request the Nytro/RTX Bars.

heres mine... :Rockon:

Attachments

• Picture 25311184.jpg
    Picture 25311184.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 25311188.jpg
    Picture 25311188.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 25311189.jpg
    Picture 25311189.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 261

Back