• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Post Forward Mod?

tproteau

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha Rx-1 LE Liquid Silver
1998 Polaris XC 700
2007 Ski-Doo MXZ Adrenaline 800 HO
Has anyone ever done a Post Forward mod on an rx? I figure I can rig something up with the stock mounts by flipping them around on the loop of over the gas tank. It also looked like there will be some play for me to increase the angle of the steering post. Im thinking I can stick the post through the bracket above it currently. I only got my rx at the start of this year and I can say it is the least comfortable sled I've ever ridden. I still prefer riding my 98 XC 700 over the Rx in its current form. I Figure a post forward mod complimented by a wrp seat will be the perfect set up and get me further forward on the sled.

I had to do this mod to my RX1 with Impulse turbo kit, as Impulse only made the kit for the Apex. I do my best not ride trails, 99% mountains. I have no real idea if made it handle any better on the trail. Here is some pictures, hope they help. I got this kit from "Wildchild" of snowest years ago.
115_zps3zsi7rqy.jpg

Hey tproteau let me say I have a 2003 151 rx1 and I just finished this mod. This last weekend was the first time riding with it we did trails and off trail riding and it was a total improvement everywhere! When I decided to do the mod I had nothing to lose cuz I hated the way it was and figured everyone was just blowing steam about it and that it might make a small diffence. My advice is start cutting now! It is so worth it riding position is so much better mine even steers easier than before. I rode my friends Rev for a bit and could not wait for the group to come to a stop so I could get my sled back. It takes some fabing and some problem solving but can be done I don't have pics yet of mine but went off of the posts of kachess.

Very worthwhile mod. Search the Katchess thread and he has some good pics on there if you want to build it yourself. Also, If you don't want to fab get the Wildchild kit. Great Mod, really stands out when combined with a taller seat.

Sounds good Guys. I read some of the Katchess thread when I first got the sled. Now that I got the motor running the mods can begin! should be fun making it my own!

Murray from Mountain Mod that makes the best seats bar none, used to make a different fuel tank cover. As when the post forward, there is a massive hole that needs filling. Also Kurt/Wildchild fills the post with expoy to give it more strength. As makes them from chromoly .

I'm going to make new mounts for the post myself and its just a trail sled (no major pulling on the post), I just want something that moves me forward on the sled, will check out the seat though. Mostly just going to do everything as cheap as possible. I got this sled for free when it wouldn't start, rebuilt the carbs and the starter and now I have a sled I have about 600 bucks into with 2000 miles on it. If I can make It handle better its just icing on the cake. as for the fuel tank cover, I'll use the hole for a new gage location. Another thing I've pondered is removing the headlights, pod and windshield and doing an LED bar or something cool like that. Just going to be a fun sled to play around with. Thanks for everyone's help and input. Hopefully it could go far enough to be a build thread lol.

I also have my headlights and windshield removed (Removal by rolling down mountain... much easier than finding all the screws that hold it together but not recommended) I made a very small winshield/cover out of some spare race car aluminum and just used some led lights off eBay For 25 bucks.
moving the guage pod is relatively simple and I really like the new location in the old post hole

I flopped my 1 ton on its top. Its BS all the crap you got to get. I'd be interested in building a mount, something custom for that whole mess. First time ive ever paid so dearly for a little mess up. Never had a sled so touchy. I like the rx and the handling but if you mess up it teaches you a lesson. Im a better rider on my cats now.

Back