• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power hour

fergs_64

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
Hey all wondering what everyone's done for mods for power gain on there nytros clutching set ups power commanders air intakes etc thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cd98f00902.png

Bought this kit used. I just realize now it was made for someone about 50lbs lighter. Anyone know how I should adjust this for me?

cd98f00902.png

Bought this kit used. I just realize now it was made for someone about 50lbs lighter. Anyone know how I should adjust this for me?

ride it and test till you get it in the rpm sweet zone. there are so many other variables than rider weight.
or email or call allen ulmer and ask what he would recommend.

Hey all wondering what everyone's done for mods for power gain on there nytros clutching set ups power commanders air intakes etc thanks

if you are thrifty you can find used stuff on here for less. but if you are buying new products, take it from me, if I were to do it all over again I would have just went turbo. in the end after I bought all the power adders, I was only 1k short of buying a turbo kit. as they say... buy once, cry once...

ride it and test till you get it in the rpm sweet zone. there are so many other variables than rider weight.
or email or call allen ulmer and ask what he would recommend.

I have had this for over 5000 miles and three years. Just never played with any adjustments on this stuff. My wrenching time is usually straightening parts or replacing wore out ones. I just replaced the secondary spring and clutch shoes.

So even if a guy does say clutch kit intake kit and power commander it's not gonna make a big difference and to just go with a turbo? The numbers just aren't adding up to me

So even if a guy does say clutch kit intake kit and power commander it's not gonna make a big difference and to just go with a turbo? The numbers just aren't adding up to me

I had a sled with all the bolt ons, and now I have a turbo sled. It all depends how handy you are. The turbo is better obviously, way more power than a bolt on sled could deam of. But, if you cant install it yourself, and you dont like tinkering with stuff, i would not recommend it.

You'll loose some top end speed with a clutch kit. Before adding mine would top out on the trail 112-115 mph after clutch kit 103-105 mph. But it pulls harder all the way to 100 mph after installing clutch kit.
Intake and exhaust is stock.

You'll loose some top end speed with a clutch kit. Before adding mine would top out on the trail 112-115 mph after clutch kit 103-105 mph. But it pulls harder all the way to 100 mph after installing clutch kit.
Intake and exhaust is stock.

I think you are mistaken. Ulmer clutching, you shouldnt lose any top speed. Also, not trying to #*$&@ talk. But your stock Nytro isnt capable of 112-115 mph. Maybe if it fell off a cliff. lol

My sled went slower on top end with the ulmer clutch kit.
And yes it runs strong for being a stock sled! One of the guys I ride with has a 800 etec and it runs even with it.
I go 180lbs. By your screen name of Big_Phil you must be a lot heavier....

Last edited:

going from 140+hp to 150+ and clutching makes a huge difference! but... for 1000 more (or less than that if you can find a used turbo kit) you'd have 180+hp and the ability to go way higher if you chose...

It all depends on what you're looking to get out of your sled. The best bang for your buck has always been a full exhaust, airbox mod ( or k&n filters) fuel controller and clutching. Hurricanes kit is about the cheapest option and yields the biggest HP gain at 18hp...and runs on 87 octane...price is about $1300 without clutching. That gets you a full Hindle exhaust, airbox mod and PC5. Hurricane has clutching, not sure on price, but I found Drag n Flys with Turks black spring setup worked very well with this combo. I've been running the kit since it was created as it was designed on my sled....it's been flawless in 5000 miles and I get the same fuel mileage as a stocker.
A turbo option is the best choice for all out power, however your looking at $4g minimum but gain 40 HP. You can buy used as mentioned, but I'd be careful buying used... you can google horror stories of pooched superchargers and turbos. For any boost option you need an AFR gauge minimum, boost gauge is recommended and you must run on 91 octane minimum.

IMO, the first option is the least expensive and worry free, but everyone has different goals. It's been posted on here that guys have run 107 mph with similar combos. I don't think I've ever pulled that, but I have run 101 in 1000 ft with the Schmidt Bros stage 2 clutching....I think my Drag n Flys were faster. Regardless, there's some options.

My sled went slower on top end with the ulmer clutch kit.
And yes it runs strong for being a stock sled! One of the guys I ride with has a 800 etec and it runs even with it.
I go 180lbs. By your screen name of Big_Phil you must be a lot heavier....

Not too heavy, 230ish without my gear on. But Nytros can surprise alot of people, even a stock one. My bolt on Nytro was fast. Not anything crazy top end wise, but 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile I laid waste to alot of sleds. Just it didn't do anywhere near 115, untill one day, I installed a turbo.

Back