• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Powerclaw track = Big Difference

SilentSno

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX
:yam: :Rockon:

Man, first ride out with the new Powerclaw track on, and oh man! What a difference.

I'm bone stock suspension with just a Skinz Silencer, and man, you can feel the sled actually try to sit on top of the powder rather that drive thru it.

Now I can only imagine how much better it will get once I get the Timbersled Rear!

SilentSno said:
:yam: :Rockon:

Man, first ride out with the new Powerclaw track on, and oh man! What a difference.

I'm bone stock suspension with just a Skinz Silencer, and man, you can feel the sled actually try to sit on top of the powder rather that drive thru it.

Now I can only imagine how much better it will get once I get the Timbersled Rear!
is this the same track as arctic cat m. 2009?.

SilentSno said:
nytro-king said:
is this the same track as arctic cat m. 2009?.

Yes.
is it realy that big diferens? im going for the timbersled mtn tamer and the Powerclaw track. but i dont have boost=( do you think the cats are going to be left behind.?

I wouldn't say "left behind" but with the Timbersled and the Powerclaw you'll be darn close, the best rider will probably do better.

and this is vs. stock 800 stroke, any mod they do and it'll go ahead again, but we choose a 4stroke for many reasons.

SilentSno said:
I wouldn't say "left behind" but with the Timbersled and the Powerclaw you'll be darn close, the best rider will probably do better.

and this is vs. stock 800 stroke, any mod they do and it'll go ahead again, but we choose a 4stroke for many reasons.
yes we do! :4STroke:

SilentSno, hows the track coming down the steep? I heard from a couple cat guys it likes to comes down fast. Maybe because we lack of snow here.

Yakuza said:
SilentSno, hows the track coming down the steep? I heard from a couple cat guys it likes to comes down fast. Maybe because we lack of snow here.

All my downs during this trip were relatively short, so I just let the sled roll as needed, and occasional accelerate, so it was hard to just how the track worked, both in powder and packed snow.

All the tall steep hills were so wind blown they had no snow depth worth climbing.

My skills are not very technical when coming down in powder, doing turns, etc... so I might not be the best to ask. But I'll judge it when I can, and update this thread if needed.

another Powerclaw review:
I rode my buddies 07 M8 with his new powerclaw on it and I could no doubt notice better hook up than with his stock Challenger. Oh and the Timbersled works great on the M8 as well.

Anybody had any problems with the Powerclaw jumping. The drivers look like they will hit every other outer drive nub (the little guy) and skip. I am trimming them off one by one, but need input from guys that have run them.

running stock drivers i am having zero issues. no skipping, ratcheting. approx 300 miles so far.

i hear the avid drivers users are having to cut every other smaller drive nub. ski

the track going down hill is hard to gauge...as we are all riding powder still...but in powder, being the 4th one down a few chutes, I could control speed easily, was not the paniced greased pig route...

I was riding with others with 174's and 3" tracks too so, it was loads of fun to see what those do!!!

three rides on powerclaw, and LOVE it!!!

Call Oregon Trail Sports Michelle ( 541-523-3500)and she will give you the best deal...tell her that the "dork" told you to call...she will laugh for 5 minutes, then give you a great deal on the track to your door!!!

Back