• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where Do You Go Now

markt111

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
all Yamahas
I am obviously a big Yamaha fan, I started with a Vector, then a Viper and moved on to a Sidewinder. Now with them leaving the industry what maker are you going to? I have 8,000 miles on my SW, I will need to either get another trail sled to keep miles down on it or get a new/lower mile SW so I am good for years to come.

I picked up a super clean 2021 Riot this fall to have a crossover type sled, it feels right as I am accustomed to the Procross chassis, it rips pretty good but is not a 4strkoe turbo. You can really feel the weight difference and it is very easy to ride on trail even with the 2" track. We didn't have much snow this year to play off trail but I did manage to get it stuck pretty good once!!

I am definitely watching the reviews on the 858, hoping there's a turbo next, I am thinking I need an RXC as I love the Kashima coated QS3s for aggressive trail riding. I could save my turbo for days we ride the big fast trails in Maine and use the RXC for smaller trails as it is easy to work thru the corners.

Polaris is the LAST sled I would buy. I have never liked them, any of their stuff, wheelers, bikes, SXS's, and their recent stuff seems really low quality.
I did try a boost last year that the suspension had been tuned by a Factory race tech. It was probably the best Pol-cheese I have ever ridden but I would not trust it. I believe that sled broke a chain tensioner later in the year......

Polaris is the LAST sled I would buy.
I'm with you on that one! Polaris makes a lot of junk products..
I would most likely go over to Arctic Cat since they rock Yamaha engines or go over to BRP since they're Canadian but that won't be for a long while...

We started the transition to BRP in '23 with my wife's new sled after she totaled her Venture. She was very happy with it and I spent some time on it too. I liked it enough to order my '24 MXZ 850 Turbo. I still planned to keep the SW and shortly after spring order Yamaha announced their end game. With '25 being the last year, I did order a new SRX to replace my '21 SW. We are happy with BRP so far but I think the new SRX will stay in the stable for a long time to come.

I will run my 2022 until it won't anymore. My buddy has 40k miles on his 2017 SW and no issues. They will run a long time with routine maintenance. Never really understood the need to switch sleds every couple years only to get into the same issues and no real upgrade.

Honest truth, I still love riding my Nytro. Sure, it look years and some money to make it a really good sled, but it’s done and I would have a really hard time letting it go. My Apex GT is a great sled for my fiancé to cruise on, too. No need to upgrade, but if I did, I’d look for a Sidewinder or Skidoo 1200 or 900 turbo. BRP has refined their sleds and continue to develop innovations that make them my most likely choice.

I don't want to change but if I did it would be Ski-doo. I use to run a 97 MXZ670 and loved it. Then switched to the 01 SRX. Wish I didn't sell that one now.... I am happy with the 20 Viper. Miss the speed.. but comfy. If I could find the right deal on a SW I would be up to get one. Sneaky fast. Or a low milage Apex would be okay too.

Back