• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Roller wear

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Checking my clutches over and my primary rollers are showing heavy wear on the outer coating. The bushings are tight but I'm wondering if the roller itself should be replaced. I'll add a pic. These have around 6k miles.
IMG_6280.jpg

If the bushings are good and they roll freely they are fine. Hard to imagine the bushings are good with that many miles, but thats great! Consider yourself lucky there.

Great! I am running a viper clutch and have replaced the bushings with the duralon ones (90380-09245-00) and they seem to be holding up well.

Great! I am running a viper clutch and have replaced the bushings with the duralon ones (90380-09245-00) and they seem to be holding up well.
I run the rollers Fett brothers sell with duralon bushings and they haven't worn a bit in 2 seasons.

Oh ya, well the old primary clutch doesn't eat rollers so no wonder they are doing well, your golden.

Back