• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary roller - casting wear?

langow

Expert
Was replacing the rollers in my secondary and was wondering if the recessed area where the little washer sits against the rollers is normal, or has this worn into the casting from use? When I started assembling the new washer and roller, the washer is thinner than the recess and it looks like the roller will rub on the casting. Thoughts?
20221110_152756.jpg

That casting should not have that pocket. The washer has worn into the casting.

Crap! That's what I was afraid of. Can I just double or triple up on the washers to correct for this? Or am I screwed?

Replace that part of the clutch. Out of balance and extra washers will make it worse.

I'd clean it up and epoxy/glue the old washer right back into the worn pocket so it can't spin. Won't hurt a thing, let the new roller ride right against the epoxied in washer.

I'm finding the roller wears into the clutch even without washer, especially the stock Yamaha roller.
Is there any reason why another washer can't be added if there's room...? I see no reason why not.
The stock Yamaha roller needs to go. Even on a new machine it is only a few thousand miles and then they also start to wear into the surface of the helix.

I'd clean it up and epoxy/glue the old washer right back into the worn pocket so it can't spin. Won't hurt a thing, let the new roller ride right against the epoxied in washer.
That's exactly what I was hoping would work! Thanks for the confirmation that it should be fine.

Back