• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Procedure for welding on the chasis

Mars

Pro
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here knew anything about what needs to be done when wedling onto the '07 Phazer...

I have a small repair to make in the front frame, it's a pretty accesible spot, and I don't need to remove the whole thing to weld it.

What electronic components should I unplug??

Thanks!!

Unplug the battery completely. If your welding Aluminum, make sure to TIG it. I would even unplug the CDI. Anything of great cost, just to be sure. That's me. I weld for a living and I take no chances at all.

-Vince

unhook the battery and wait 10 min. it should be safe to weld it then. if you have acess to a surge capacitor for welding, just clip it on and weld away. do this at work all the time on pickups and transports. i have one if you want to borrow it.

I would un-plug ALL electronics to the engine including the grounds!

whoa guys!!!

that is wayy too much work. with just disconnecting the batt you isolate all the grounds from haveing a through connection. with disconnecting the grounds/welding capacitor used on transports that are drive by wire, we have not had to reflash (reprogram) a computer in the last 7 years. the one time it happened 7.5 years ago the transport would not run at all. crank all day till we got it re-flashed.

Back