• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Promod Trail Sled

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX
First of all I would like to thank Ben from Turbo Dynamics for the help getting my sled as fast as it is. I managed to take my mountain sled 2018 BTX LE and make it compete with the fastest promod asphalt race sleds in the world. The modification list is fairly small compared to a lot of my competitors. I did this on stock ecu with a TD race tune, stock fuel tank (big fuel pump), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, stock injectors, stock exhaust manifold, TD intercooler and intake setup. Minor weight reduction headlight delete and lithium battery. I made a lot of my own easy parts to help custom short seat, side exit, custom intake, and custom reverse delete. Stock Yamaha clutches were used and I even had my stock handlebars and riser. I put on a used older proline skid. Ben helped me all weekend at amsnow to push from a 5.30 1/8th mile to a 5.13@130 and an 8.49@153 1/4 putting me at #6 on the OSDRA promod list amongst full blown proline chassis race sleds. Anyone that puts effort forth can compete and have a lot of fun racing on asphalt, I’d highly recommend it if you are thinking about it. Also this sled was and still will be ridden in there winter, it was rocking 3 states of trail passes at amsnow this year and will be getting all 3 again next year! Love my sled and tunes from pumpgas trail days to deep powder high elevation mountain days to racing in the summer.

That’s incredible for a trail sled not even all the big budget promod sleds run that fast!

Nice! Got any pictures

Nice job, congrats. You get what you put into it and it’s not always just how much money you put into it.

Attachments

• 6F5B3BA6-58C5-4773-872F-3A2182614A4B.jpeg
    6F5B3BA6-58C5-4773-872F-3A2182614A4B.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 247
  • DD7C63CA-9482-4387-8EBF-484BE447019C.jpeg
    DD7C63CA-9482-4387-8EBF-484BE447019C.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 83E7F7AA-C260-4569-A53C-D82DA5A8D4E8.jpeg
    83E7F7AA-C260-4569-A53C-D82DA5A8D4E8.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 249
Nice job!
And welcome to the site.
You came in here Guns 'a Blazin'!
There isn't another motor out there that can run this fast with a few add-ons, be turned back into a trail sled & still be reliable.

Do you have any clutch secrets or findings for us?

Was a pleasure to meet and chat with you at us131 Mitch! Great job competing against the best there is.

Nice job!
And welcome to the site.
You came in here Guns 'a Blazin'!
There isn't another motor out there that can run this fast with a few add-ons, be turned back into a trail sled & still be reliable.

Do you have any clutch secrets or findings for us?
As far as clutching goes, the main issue was belt pressure at that hp, the stock primary really doesn’t want to hold onto the belt much over 300hp with a lot of traction. Borrowing some custom weights that I don’t even know what they are, but they work really well and hold rpm down with less weight than I tried in my STM’s. A small engagement notch in the weights helped get engagement up without running too crazy of a primary spring, (thunder products black). Secondary worked phenomenal no complaints there. 41/35 helix to try and counteract belt slip and thunder products orange spring. I run different weights, springs, and helix in the winter though.

Ben also helped me a lot after I got a baseline that worked ok. There were many datalogs sent and phone communication that made noticeable timeslip improvements. He also doesn’t know what weights I am running so that made it a little more difficult, but he put up with me and played a big part in the success I had at amsnow.

That is amazing Mitch. Congrats.

TD tunes make very good power and nice to hear that even though Ben wasn't physically there he spent a great deal of time supporting you.

Back