• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push or Hurricane

lapster

Veteran
Hi guys. I'm new to boost... Just wondering if anyone has seat time with either the push or hurricane turbo set ups...I am looking at both, and love to hear feedback on these options...

Tks in advance!

Maybe you should add MPI to that list. Have not driven mine yet, but have driven MPI turbo Nytro and it's awesome!

lapster said:
Tks for the input. Looking for sea level set ups. Does mpi do this?
yes,my buddy has there supercharger on his attack here in maine,sea level.

Turbo

Hurricane turbo all the way,You will have all the after sale support you will ever need. Dave has all the knowledge and support you can ask for.

Re: Turbo

helmic said:
Hurricane turbo all the way,You will have all the after sale support you will ever need. Dave has all the knowledge and support you can ask for.[/qux2ote]

I live in Minnesota at sea level and that's where I will be riding my Viper most of the time. So it's made for here.

turbo

He will set it up to what ever level of altitude you want. That is just a set and tune.

Sounds like Hurricane may be the way to go..., anyone at all have Push?

lapster said:
Tks for the input. Looking for sea level set ups. Does mpi do this?

All of the kits we have sold and pre-sold are going low altitude. I will bet that we have more testing done on the Viper then anyone else. Just don't think thats at altitude, we have a ton of time testing a low altitude. As far as support I'm just a phone call, PM, or E-mail away.

Remember MPI is the only producer that has worked with Yamaha and provides the factory approved & warrantied S/C for the Nytro I am waiting on my MPI install should be done by Monday and ridden by Tuesday :Rockon:

Matt @ MPI is top-notch on customer service!!! He has been very helpful with answers to the questions on the install of his kit.

lapster said:
Sounds like Hurricane may be the way to go..., anyone at all have Push?

Yep had the PUSH on my Nytro last year. Amazing difference but over boosted and burnt a groove between cylinder 1 and 2. Ask Alan Ulmer how many calls he fielded with that Turbo kit. Loved it while it lasted but I will go with OSP or Ulmer when I boost my Viper next year. :Rockon:

I seen the MPI turbo in person and it is beautiful! And Yamadog forgot to mention that Yamaha also approved MPI to turbo the Nytro as well as supercharged. Matt will answer any question you ask. Very good customer service! Now I just can't wait to feel 190 hp!

Back