• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for the Viper guys on handwarmers

kkraus

Expert
Hi Guys I have the variable adjust warmers now on my Nytro and love to run 1-2 bars on the gauge on warmer days and not have to play with the switch all day. With the hi and low setting on the viper are you guys happy with the warmers or do you find yourself turning them on and off allot? I know its a minor thing but I am curious. Thanks

Oh ya! My Viper will keep the hands plenty warm on low. I have Gauntlets and generally ride with no gloves and just use low warmer setting hear and there. With my high setting my hands will cook. I had a Nytro, the Viper warmers are very good.

Hi Guys I have the variable adjust warmers now on my Nytro and love to run 1-2 bars on the gauge on warmer days and not have to play with the switch all day. With the hi and low setting on the viper are you guys happy with the warmers or do you find yourself turning them on and off allot? I know its a minor thing but I am curious. Thanks

I had the same concern when i purchased my viper.
Turned out to be a non issue.
I very seldom use the high setting. Almost always on low and they never seem to get too hot for me

I pretty much start out on high, then when I'm warm put it on low and forget it. If I stop to say, dig a shallow grave or something, then I'll run them back on hot again for a minute, back to low again. As mentioned, pretty much a non issue.

Do as guys say get hot on high then run low......do miss the adjustability but not a big deal. One nice thing is no need to look just click hi or low, no looking at display little thing but nice

I used to run my Yamaha warmers on either 1 or 2 bars.......these "Cat" warmers are somewhat of a pain flipping off quite a bit so hands don't get too warm but after some saddle time it simply becomes 2nd nature..........

I had a Nytro with the Yamaheaters (because 10% voltage at idle was worthless) and having to look at the gauges to see where you were adjusting either the hand or the thumb was a, well, just another stupid idea. The Viper buttons are so much easier to use, and I only find myself going between "Low" and "Off" on warmer days. Thankfully you can do it without slowing down and looking down. It's also nice to have them actually work when you're first starting off on colder days, without an aftermarket kit, that is.

I have no issues with the hand warmers. My thumb was cold before I installed the Yamaha throttle lever and that thing is hot!! Took my glove off to check how hot that lever was and dam near burnt my thumb. And also, lever is much better

Both of mine quit working on the last ride. Haven't investigated yet.

Arctic Cat sells the elements and grips individually. It's simple plug and play, the connector is under the switch bloc on each side. It's a 3 wire plug, super easy. Shame on them for making something so vital that fails constantly.

I put the spi cork under my heater elements ( cat elements )and used RSI gel grips .... Always stay on low ... Hot just gets way to hot for me ....its a non-issue really

The 17 cats have thinner grips that supposedly are warmer. Wont help thumb but I am thinking of giving them a try just for the smaller diameter.

Back