• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question

NormT

Extreme
I have a 2005 Vector. Today after a short trail break you could hear the starter engage but there wasn't enought juice to turn over the engine. We jumped it with another sled and it started immediately. Went down the road a short way and it started to backfire and gasp for life. At this time noticed the instrument cluster had gone blank so we had no code numbers. Were going up a small hill and it ran out of power and at the same time my tailgunner noticed actual flames coming out of the area between the tail pipes. We put out the flames with snow and went for a trailer. Any ideas on what happened would be appreciated. Thanks.

Norm it sounds like a dead battery to me. The flame out the back I don't know about, but if you jumped it and it started right up it sounds like you have a bad battery. The instrument panel going out if I remember right someone said if the battery is low it will shut off all the electrical stuff just to keep the engine running.

up date

It turned out to be a bad voltage regulator..the fire was from it not running right and shooting raw gas out the pipes . the gas ignited and got hot enough to start stuff burning.

Back