• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quote of the month!

Good example, last weekend I tanked a rock under the snow with my RX-1. I was cussing and thinking I would be replacing the front end. After digging the snow away the only damage was scratched paint. Thank god I wasn't riding my old rev.

I posted the following to Chris' blog last night. In case you missed it, here's what I sent:

Jim Manning says:

If you ever wanted an example of the kind of engineering that goes into a yamaha, let me offer the following:

There are 4 clamps that hold the throttle bodies to the head, and 4 more to attach the factory airbox. Inside each clamp is a spacer. If you remove one of those spacers and measure it with a set of calipers, you will find that it is 6.35mm. You will also find (as I did tonight) that the other 7 give you exactly the same measurement. That’s right, the spacer for a clamp is a machined part.

Think about that for a second…

But Jim, did you also check the torque on each clamp… don’t forget assembly is as important as manufacturing tolerances cr

December 5th, 2007 at 2:13 am

If Yamaha puts that level of effort into a simple hose clamp, what does it tell you about the rest of the sled?

no doubt about the quality. Still runing my 3 yr old apex at 18-20lbs boost for my daily rider, 14000 kms all boosted and drove hard. (crashed a couple times also) ha They dont even use belts at that hp! :yam: :4STroke:

Even though the 800R maybe a quicker sled, I believe it still can't hold a candle to a Yamaha and that goes for all other brands.

Smoked a rock last weekend on Frisby pullin a shoot in the trees. Went over the handel bars and just scratches on the front end unbelievable!

Back