• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ram air

I have a question now that I think about it. Couldn't you just buy a strong glue like the spray glue and glue it on

When i did myn last year i sewed it onto a v shaped coat hanger then put black silicone around the hole thing to completely seal it up. Worked great!

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 96
I have a FIX Ram Air lid on my 07 RTX. I'll trade you straight up that lid for your stock lid if it fits an 07.

I now have the frogskin and as winters getting closer im Syarting to get kinda nervous about my ram air kit. What kinda riders are you guys that have done the kit. I mainly ride off the trail in powder which is why I'm nervous. Also do you guys think it's worth doubleing the frogskin up or would that be worse. Thanks

I now have the frogskin and as winters getting closer im Syarting to get kinda nervous about my ram air kit. What kinda riders are you guys that have done the kit. I mainly ride off the trail in powder which is why I'm nervous. Also do you guys think it's worth doubleing the frogskin up or would that be worse. Thanks
I was to at first so I used silicone so seal the whole way around the frogskin but Before I did I ran all day in fresh powder with the cover being covered for long periods of time without any problems

Sent from my iPhone

No I did not but I was running a pcv so it was mapped for it

Sent from my iPhone

I'm gonna run it for a while and see what happens. I just wanted to ask because the last thing I want is to suck snow in the motor and ruin it just so I could have some noise

I'm gonna run it for a while and see what happens. I just wanted to ask because the last thing I want is to suck snow in the motor and ruin it just so I could have some noise
I felt the same way if you have it like I did
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445914261.704506.jpg

Just put a bead of silicone around the whole outside edge and then there's no way for water to get in.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I like your idea and I was worried about water going through the frogzskin
I don't think it is possible so many companies have used that material for air boxes the stuff is completely waterproof. My stock viper when I took the airbox off they used frogskin for the stock filter.

Sent from my iPhone

Dirtbikekid I see you have s temp gauge was also thinking about putting one on mind how did you do yours and what gauge did you use

Back