• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Real MPG info please

I now have 900 miles on my '08 FX Nytro & this last weekend I was riding with my wife & some other guys who don't break any land speed records, & I knocked down 18.6 one tank & 18.2 on the other.

We were just cruising at 30-40 MPH the whole time.

On the other side of the coin, I've gotten as bad as 13 when on the throttle hard.

I don't check mine all the time but I have the last few times I have filled up. I get between 15.5 - 17.4 on the groomed trails. My girlfriend's shift 600 gets between 9.8-11.

It's hard to believe that anybody could get as high as 17.4....maybe my calculator is broke. That means that you can go 120 miles per tank. One time, I went 99 miles.....then it ran out of gas.

lucky_7 said:
It's hard to believe that anybody could get as high as 17.4....maybe my calculator is broke. That means that you can go 120 miles per tank. One time, I went 99 miles.....then it ran out of gas.

17-18+ is only achieved by being very,very,VERY easy on the throttle. My 18.6 came from a slow easy cruise & never once going over 1/3 throttle. And, even more important is taking off & accelerating easy,smooth & slow. Hard to do I know, but possible.

theCATman said:
lucky_7 said:

17-18+ is only achieved by being very,very,VERY easy on the throttle. My 18.6 came from a slow easy cruise & never once going over 1/3 throttle. And, even more important is taking off & accelerating easy,smooth & slow. Hard to do I know, but possible.
CATman, did you ride that specific way just to see what you could acheive for gas mileage? I'm not sure I could ride like that, the urge to crack it is just too strong! :Rockon:

My girlfriend was able to get 17.9 on her 08 rtx, but when i ride the same sled i am only getting around 14.5. It really depends on how you ride

I've got almost 400 miles on my 09 RTX and have been getting 11-13mpg, am hoping it will do a little better with some more miles.

mid week i took a ride with my bro-n-law (he rides an 03 mxz 600) and i ran REALLY hard. Pounding the drifts, WOT on every straight away, hitting every jump i could, and really never taking it easy on the trigger. We put on 85 miles and i refilled with 6 gallons. 85 / 6 = 14.1mpg. So I'm assuming if i just stop gasing it so much i'll see something in the mid 15's to mid 16's. just my $.02 worth.

pritty consistant 12.5 mpg 09 se 600 miles on it so far doesnt seem to be getting any better ride groomed trails but lots of wot

Back