• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reflector Tail/Brake Light

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
I've had the guys that I ride with say they can never see my brake light (maybe I need to slow down!). I like to tap my brakes a couple of times to warn them when I'm slowing but the stock light isn't enough so I added a reflector LED tail/stop light. This still probably isn't enough but it gave me something to do while waiting for it to snow.
tail light 1.JPG
tail light2.JPG

Yeah it might help. But the icing is worse there, that's where I relocated my light to and it's harder to see than stock. Some guy in here put an led in the plastic to the left of the muffler output. Seems like that would be a great spot for added visibility, if the light survives the heat. Wonder how it's holding up.

I looked at a few other lights also but didn't want to spend $60-$70. These reflector replacements are only a few dollars on eBay. I bought two and was thinking about replacing the side reflectors instead of the rear.

At the begging of last season I removed reflector and placed taillight/stoplight in its place. Had it that way last season and worked out great. More time will tell. Had to lengthen wires. I left plastic from around taillight off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 209
You can see wireson picture but I ended running wires under tunnel, thru PVC pipe to tail/stop light.

Yea, I used 1/4" truck air line to run the wires under the tunnel. You can use a heat gun and form the plastic line so it holds it's shape and follows the tunnel better. The thing I like about this setup is that the reflector light looks identical to the OEM reflector and with the wires hidden it looks stock. If the sled isn't running you'd think it was the stock reflector.

Last edited:
I remember a few years back when someone did the tail pipe cover light. At the time I was considering the dual output tail pipes but never could convince myself to spend the money. Seeing how I've ran this thing for the past seven years with only the stock tail light I probably won't start worrying if the reflector LED doesn't help.

I have this on my V Strom 1000 and it works well, not overly expensive either.

The flashing option is nice and I've seen them in use but the problem here is that riders behind me can't see the brake light come on. There's to much snow build up and dust in the air. I had a light on the back of my helmet that was remotely activated when the brakes were applied but that was a waste because no one could see that either.

I've had the guys that I ride with say they can never see my brake light (maybe I need to slow down!). I like to tap my brakes a couple of times to warn them when I'm slowing but the stock light isn't enough so I added a reflector LED tail/stop light. This still probably isn't enough but it gave me something to do while waiting for it to snow.View attachment 102760 View attachment 102761

It is the exhaust coming out right over light, its hot air right by the light and all the snow kicking up it melts and sticks right to the light, when I stop somewhere I always notice like a 1/2inch of ice and snow on the light. I just put a skinz tuned pipe on and it deflects to the right and it still does it. When im driving the exhaust just pulls back over the light and still happens, I noticed my brother's 15 viper mtx really has the same light and his is clear every time we stop. I plan on trying to mount my light on the plastic above the exhaust

Back