• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Regular 87 gas with ethanol or Supreme 91

Hartatac

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex GT
Read many threads saying 91 Octane gas is a waste of money and to just run 87 in earlier year Apex's. Here in New Brunswick, Canada our regular 87 gas has 10% ethanol. Which would you use? I'm thinking Supreme 91 with no ethanol.

I try to use 91 non oxy if possible,I don't like ethanol

Around 11,000 on my Attak, all with 87 octane with 10% ethanol. I wouldn't be the least bit afraid of ethanol in an injected 4 stroke. If it's going to sit a few weeks, add some Sea Foam or Yamaha's Fuel Med RX.

It's not that I'm worried about it I just don't like ethanol,it's the biggest scam there is and its being forced upon us by our all knowing government. By the way my inlaws are farmers.

It's not that I'm worried about it I just don't like ethanol,it's the biggest scam there is and its being forced upon us by our all knowing government. By the way my inlaws are farmers.

Amen to that. I've personally witnessed the awful effects of ethanol in fuel systems. It turns to a slimy, nasty, pile of gum.

I don't think 87 octane is available without ethanol anywhere, US or Canada

We have non ethanol 87 and 91 here in the heart of corn land with multiple ethanol plants within 50 miles...people have figured out it ruins small motors of all kinds...sleds, atvs, mowers, weed eaters etc. Did you know it takes 1.2 gallons of oil to produce a gallon of ethanol? The oil companies would rather sell ethanol than gas because they sell MORE oil that way...and they produce a product that results in LOWER gas mileage, so the consumer has to buy MORE of it...and you the taxpayer subsidizes all the ethanol plants around the nation because it is a negative production product...ie it takes more fuel (and therefore money) to make it than you can sell it for. That is the bottom line...everything else is just part of the scam. The oil companies run the govt, therefore they run the show...they would not allow ethanol to exist if it did not make them a ton of money.

I found a gas station in Pittsville wi. With 87 non ethanol

No chit?? That's a good thing. Anything ethanol free around here is 89 or 91. Hell, even the few stations that have 93, it's got ethanol. My guess is it's 91 & the ethanol adds a couple points to make it 93. Pure ethanol is about 105 octane.

I would run the 87 during the season, when it gets close to storing for the summer make sure its the non ethanol stuff in the last few tanks, its amazing how much better the fuel is in the fall compared to ethanol based fuel.

In New Brunswick, you can still find stations (other than Irving) who carry 87/Regular without Ethanol. If the the gas station is getting their fuel from the refinery in Halifax, as opposed to St. John, then there should be no E87. You need to quiz the fuel station in question.

In New Brunswick, you can still find stations (other than Irving) who carry 87/Regular without Ethanol. If the the gas station is getting their fuel from the refinery in Halifax, as opposed to St. John, then there should be no E87. You need to quiz the fuel station in question.
Ya, there are a couple around but are becoming hard to find.
I would run the 87 during the season, when it gets close to storing for the summer make sure its the non ethanol stuff in the last few tanks, its amazing how much better the fuel is in the fall compared to ethanol based fuel.
I think this is what I'm going to do, thanks.

Exactly what I do at the end of the season, store it for the summer with a Full Tank of NON ethanol.

Back