• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remedy for snow and ice buildup under tunnel and skid

drfbuster

Extreme
Did a search on here and couldbt find any info. But I'm sure this has been covered many times and many topics. Any remedies for the ice and snow build up for this sled? Was thinking of the Pam spray but figured I mite get a better solution from a some on here. Thanks! Drf

There is a spray you can get a your Autozone parts store or ebay that you spray on and nothing sticks.so they say idk?

Dupont Teflon non-stick or

Plow-slick works on plows

They no longer carry that spray around here.. I just purchased some Sno-Spray by Areins . I will give this a try for my plows and sled .be here in a couple dayz.

I just pulled about three 5 gal. buckets of ice out my Apex suspension yesterday while thawing it out in the garage. I let it dry after then sprayed everything down under there with silicone spray. We'll see what happens....

Millinocket Rocket said:
I just pulled about three 5 gal. buckets of ice out my Apex suspension yesterday while thawing it out in the garage. I let it dry after then sprayed everything down under there with silicone spray. We'll see what happens....

I sprayed mine down with silicone spray real good and it did not work..was real clean and its all powdercoated .

If the spray that i just bought does not work,i will wipe it all with Vasaline and let all of you know !

:drink:

I noticed the same thing while thawing mine out in the garage. A lot of extra weight

If you are not running studs some have removed the tunnel protectors and that has greatly reduced it also a rear heat exchanger helps to put some heat back ther to melt more of it while ridding.

ecopter said:
Worst part of the tunnel exhaust. The best remedy is a rubber mallet.
x2, there ain't much else one can do. Before I put my ride to rest, I give er a few good whacks with the mallet, pull the chunks out, run it in reverse a few feet, then put it in the garage.

Back