• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Right Hand warmer not working

Budyzer

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
My son has 2009 Phazer MTX. The right hand warmer doesn't seem to be working but its not giving me a code. I only have power to 1 of the 2 wires coming from the grip, should I have power to both wires?? Thanks

one power one ground. get a set of replacement elements when you replace just one the heat is never even. or you could over pay and get an oem replacement one. after market are hotter and you can get a pair for the same or less than the cost of one oem.

one power one ground. get a set of replacement elements when you replace just one the heat is never even. or you could over pay and get an oem replacement one. after market are hotter and you can get a pair for the same or less than the cost of one oem.
Thanks for the reply. What kind of aftermarket ones should we look at getting?

I went with hot grips if I remember correct. I had one of them go down after 2 years and all the local dealer had in stock was a stock ski doo one and it is even hotter I will most likely change out the other one to the ski doo one too as they are very hot. you have to twist the two hot wires together on the after market ones and connect to the hot wire on your sled and ground to ground. remove grip but leave old elements in place they take up space that is needed to be taken up from the grips stretching from removal. I used silicone this last time to give some cushion from grip movement as I am fairly sure this is why the wire breaks in the element.

Back