• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RIP Don VX1R

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
I just got the news our good friend Don (VX1R) passed away last night from a heart attack. I don't have any details as of yet, his wife was calling all his friends this morning with his phone but I could not take the call at work. One of our other members here called me with the sad news about a half hour ago. I am crushed, Don was a great friend. I will try and post any details I find out as soon as I hear.

RIP dear friend!! I am going to miss you bud!

Vroom Vroom as Don would say!

Very sad to hear, great member and fellow Minnesotan that will be remembered fondly.

ahhh #*$&@!! Never met him but always loved his enthusiasm and willingness to share. RIP

he will be missed by all.

Don had a brand new 2025 LTX LE on order at Pat’s Motorsports. Don touched a lot of people in the sled industry. He knew so many folks in the sport. We just talked on the phone not long ago, I had a hard time concentrating at work after the news. Such a nice person all around. Gut wrenching…..my network of sledding friends is dwindling.

So sad, I did not know him personally, but he always had the nicest sleds and was such a good ambassador for the sport. He was a true gentleman and will be missed by all.

I first met Don through my brother as they spent many hours bringing Don’s visions to life. Not only did Don have some of sweetest sleds on snow but he was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever had the honor to meet. I was fortunate to cross paths with him at many snowmobile events like Hay Days & Midwest Ride In. I can’t wait to cross paths with him again, RIP Don.

His attention to detail on every part of his custom sleds was second to none and one of the nicest guys to talk to as well! He will be missed! Prayers to his family.

Thanks for posting, Journeyman. So sad to hear. Terrible!

I have a few good memories of riding with you and Don in the UP.

It was a pleasure to meet anf know you and Don. I still have pictures on my phone from that trip.

Take care, and I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thanks for posting, Journeyman. So sad to hear. Terrible!

I have a few good memories of riding with you and Don in the UP.

It was a pleasure to meet anf know you and Don. I still have pictures on my phone from that trip.

Take care, and I'm so sorry to hear this.
Thanks, was hoping you would see this. I too was looking at those photos today. I don’t tear up much but this morning drinking my coffee I did just that thinking about Don. It was usually on the weekends we would talk. Such a kind soul. I feel so sad for his wife Shari.

1714236669440.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes sir! The lighthouse at Eagle Harbor, MI. Great memories!

Take care and I wish you and Don's family the best.

Thanks for posting this Troy, I figured you should be the one to tell the guys here at TY. Like you, I was totally taken back to get that call, even though I know that none of us get to live forever, it is stunning to get the call that one of your friends has passed that you had just spoken with, and suddenly they are gone.

Don was such a great and kind man, he sure loved to tinker on and ride his machines, he was so looking forward to the "Final Edition" of his 2025 LTX-LE and the mods he had already planed for it. I look back at the time I got to ride with him in the UP with fondness and hope he's above riding trails and in the white stuff above galore.

Godspeed Don, we are going to miss you here, that much is certain.

Back