• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripped Limiter Strap

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Viper STX-DX 146
2021 Vk 540
6E640CA4-F694-4597-AC04-13A3CCD8AE82.jpeg
Just took my skid out to get the shocks rebuilt and saw the limter straps were ripping. What would cause this? Should I order from yamaha or are there some better products out there?

Wow...have never seen this. Almost looks like the skid wasn't in right, maybe just one ear was locked in and the other one was off. When suspension was working it was pushing against the drivers. Just a guess though.

Something was not right. If it was installed wrong and/or if one side was not seated properly you would think that the rider would know based on the way it would handle. I would check for signs of wear on something inside the tunnel that may have caused the damage.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 80
Your prolly right as I was just throwing something at the OP. Do you think it could be some serious ice build up that might be causing this? He is North of the Arctic circle!

I’ll have to get a good look under the machine to see if I can spot something doing this. I’m just glad I saw it, although I’m not real sure what would happen if it ripped all the way. I am also hauling our future 2 story house, literally, piece by piece which is putting a lot of strain on the machine, but idk if that is it, just some context on my main use of the machine in the last year.

Looks like they are rubbing against something, maybe the drivers?

I did check the tunnel and everywhere else to see what caused it. My friend said it could be the track slapping against it, but idk.

Ive literally called all over Alaska and no one has limiter straps. Apparently yamaha has it on back order till March 5. That is way to long. Does anyone know where i could get some asap?

Looks like simple wear, the straps rubbing against the moving track above them. Apparently, there must be a lot of sag in the rear suspension and the straps are let out all the way, so that the slack in the straps is bunched up on top and hitting the internal track lugs.

I'm not 100% sure, but as long as the width is the same, and they are at least as long, you could use a track stud drill bit to make holes where needed.
I took a ruler and measured an 1.25, but there aren't any options for that, should i just get a 1inch strap?

I took a ruler and measured an 1.25, but there aren't any options for that, should i just get a 1inch strap?
A wider one should last longer, if the extra width doesn't interfere with fitment, use 1.5

Back