• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rode a new brp 1200 4 stroke

ScottyD

Expert
Hamilton Ontario/sled from Sand Lake/Kearney
got a chance to ride my friends new 2011 1200 4 stroke, what a nice handling machine, rode awesome in the trails, light weight, no darting, effortless steering, hand lots of power
rumor that a 190hp version is coming out for next year

ScottyD said:
got a chance to ride my friends new 2011 1200 4 stroke, what a nice handling machine, rode awesome in the trails, light weight, no darting, effortless steering, hand lots of power

I have heard the same things about them and would like to try one out myself but it is the longevity of them that worries me?

I rode a 1200 touring this last weekend it was like sitting on my sofa and riding, steering was effortless and I thought it was a DOG for a 1200 4 stroke. Maybe a great sled if I was about 70 years old.

My first impression was WOW FOR THROTTLE RESPONCE.... it was instant, and yes it was alot like a sofa :Rockon: but i know i would have to change too much tomake it what i would want it to be... and to be honest i just love my nytro :4STroke:

Ski Doo

Purchased an 2011 Grand Touring SE 1200 this year for the wife. I can honestly say this is the nicest sled I've owned. The motor is responsive and the suspension is amazing in the 137. Heated seats (love them) hot hands and the heat is directed at your feet from the motor. For its designed purpose it is absolutely outstanding. We will be ordering a 2012.

I dont like the on/off hestitation it has in the twisties. Very annoying to me. Ride was nice but I didnt like the seating of it either. Heated seat for?

the seating position on the 1200 was way better than the nytro, the nytro's remind me of the first generation rev
another friend with 09 nytro rode the 1200 and is now buying one of those and dumping the nytro, he's had enough of the nytro experiance, for him its been all bad
i love my apex but i wouldnt mind having a 1200- with a turbo :hide:

Yes I did not like my nytro coming from a attak but with oft/lakeeffect/wrp and lots of money I love it. I agree the nytro is not for everyone just like the big brp.

bottlerocket said:
Yes I did not like my nytro coming from a attak but with oft/lakeeffect/wrp and lots of money I love it. I agree the nytro is not for everyone just like the big brp.

your right the nytro isn't for everyone, my buddys nytro has had the shocks revalved to make it ride better, snowtrackers to stop that unnerving darting, lots of messing with the suspension and it still rides worse than that stock doo in the trail, and both sleds ran the same speed on the gun
he says he's done with spending money on it cause it's like putting lipstick on a pig, lol

ScottyD said:
Greasemonkey said:
ScottyD said:
Heard a 1500 turbo is in the works. My buddies Doo dealer said it. Anyone want to guess what that beast will cost? Pretty soon, you will need a mortgage to own a sled! Personally, I can't see it.

go price any of the new sleds, its getting retarded
Actually the gsx le 1200 doo lists for 10,500,which is plenty og money,but compared to any of the apex or nytros,it still is less money,and if they come out with the new r motion rear skid,and the price does not jump much more than a few hundred,that nota bad price for what you get. Ya its only 130 plus sled,but we have seen how many nytros can run with big dogs to,i see mike napp has one he has been wrenching on,and with the new powerblock 80 clutch cudney is setting up,they are now running with the new apex,according to mike,plus he has done a few minor mods,nothing internal on the motor and no boost,but just general stuff all of us do. So if i was in the market to buy a brand new sled,i would certainely be looking at the 1200 rs,but i am not,so my 06 apex gt will just have to do for now,at least i know what i have to work with ,in the apex chassie.

ride of gsx sle air ride

I got rid of rx1 after thousands and got the 2011 sle 1200. Best sled overall I have ridden. No darting, easy steering, adjustable air ride on the fly very smooth, great grunt. Rode against a pro r 800- we switched off to try each others rides. Polaris handles the giant bumps better, has a better hole shot but you get exhausted horsing the thing around the corners plus it darts much more than the skidoo. I don't know who said these things were dogs, they are not. Back east here, some of them are tripping up the etek 800's in drags.The resposiveness is awesome. Only complaint I have found is windshield does not give great head protection. Worst mileage 14, best 20 all depends on how hard you are on the throttle. Air ride is worth every penny. I put a thousand miles on this yr without a problem. Do not be afraid of this sled

Back