• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode and raced 08 Gade 600 XP w/ my XTX this weekend..

Apex & xtx

Expert
So i know there has been post's similar to this before, But it's my time in the sun with it. I got a chance to ride and race my buddies Skidoo Renegade 600 XP with the 144" track. And my thoughts are WHY is a nytro compared to a 600 class 2 stroke?? His Gade is stock as far as the motor and they both have the same ski's 6.9 pilot mtns. and same length track. The only thing i have done to my motor so fare is a Excell exhaust. Every time i drag race him i smoked him. And when i rode his sled it didnt really feel like it had much a power band and i was hard pressed to get the Gade XP much over 85mph on the trail. I understand it is a 144 sled and that'll slow it down but so is my XTX is a 144 aswell and i have just broken my sled in and i have had my sled 100+ and thats taking it easy on it during breakin.

The Pro's of the Gade were it felt light well riding and in the powder and the Gauge cluster is much nicier on the eyes to look at and is alot easier to read well driving. And the Handwarmers worked :drink: lol

The Con's not much for a power band, couldnt push speeds higher than 85mph, His sled has had alot of Electrical issues and has been at the dealer more than on the trail he said but i guess all the 08 doo's had issues. The stock riser on the sled was rather short and i had to bend way over to stand up. and the transision between seating to standing was hard. Could be fixed with a Tallier riser. And the seat was really slippery i found myself sliding back and forth. And last but not least is i felt like it pushed pretty hard in the corners for being such a light sled i had to hang off the side. and i dont have to hang of my xtx like that.

In conclusion it is a nice sled i wouldnt personally buy one. I would like to try the 800 and see the differance but it diffently made me more happy with my XTX :yam: [/u]

I know,I raced a friends Viper this weekend. 700 triple all stock but he has a 144 studs. I beat him by about 7 lengths in 700ft race. They say a stock Viper (120hp) runs like a good running 600. I think I will be looking for an 800 to race next time.

Nytro

For the most part they can't really be compared. We have a 05 600 ho that's clutched and tuned really well, and still can't run even close to our Nytros. Although the 600 feels stronger on the top side. That being said, in 1000 feet, 800 powerteks and F7's have been no match for the Nytros as well.

The Nytro has a hard time beating a 800xp in 660 feet nevermind a 1000 feet! After a full year of testing last year against two xp's , my Nytro faired really well, winning alot and losing alot. The 144 backcountry was a good addition to help the holeshot and midrange but took away a few mph.Stock it will NOT run with the 800 xp in a 1000.

My buddy has an 09 xp 800 that is totally stock. All I have is a skinz pipe and I have not even taken him out of the hole. He pulls ahead all the way. I don't see a stock nytro beating an xp, w/o some work done to it.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
660ft the Nytro are usually right there,I don't know. My sled rips pretty good.
Been there done that on a stock 08 fx nytro against a 08 stock xp800x and from start to finish on hard pack. we stayed side by side racing for approx 4 miles. I could have hit his kill switch we were so close. The guy I raced was approx 60 lbs heavier then Me,but what the heck this sled is supposed to be 100 lbs lighter and have 20 more horse. He should have walked away from me, but this wasn't the case. once you start don't sit in the skis. Sit back and the sled will keep climbing. I was reading approx 108 on the speedo when I dared to look @ it. :flag: :-o . I guess I have a fast one. As for 800 p-techs ask MSG about the results. He now owns an XTX!!! ;)!

Nytro XTX vs Crossfire 8

I just spent a week in the U.P. riding with some buddies. 1 had a '08 800 Crossfire and another a '03 XC 800 with 1 3/4"x136".

I lined up against the Crossfire 8 on the trail. We were dead even on the holeshot, the Crossfire pulled ahead of me by 1 sled length at about 100 ft, then I not only caught him, but easily pulled ahead and kept gaining. I was surprised at how much I pulled on the Crossfire 8. I figured the 700 Cat motor was pretty strong, so the 800 should be faster.

We lined up the 3 sleds on a lake with approx 12" powder on a 12"+ base. I thought the XC 800 with the deeper lug track would have the advantage on the holeshot, but both my XTX and the Crossfire totally walked away from the XC. My XTX and the Crossfire were neck & neck for about 1/4 mile, then the Crossfire slowly pulled ahead.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the power of the XTX. For being totally stock, it pulls like a freight train. I'm also very happy with the stock track. Others have said how bad the 1 1/4" Ripsaw is off-trail, but I thought it did quite well.

Can't wait to give it a try. We do one annual trip, 12 guys and we all ride different species, sizes and ages. With the rx-1 could not win, the attack gt won sometimes if I got the hole shot, but with the xtx I have way more hook up and our races are short. It will be fun, like I said I can't wait.

XTX Speeds

I am not sure ho wyou guys are getting these speeds or are keping up with or beating 800's. I have a friend who has the 09 XTXlike I do & he has added wieghts to his clutch & he has seen 107MPH but mine has only seen 96MPH. I have raced with both my buddies, one has an 06 - 600 SDI & the other has an 08 - 600 SDI and I smoke them both off the line & to about 85MPH but they both catch & pass me & yes we are all to the bar. I find this sled rocks 0 - 90MPH & then its a crawl, not sure why?

Back