• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Rage battery not charging.

tcb4

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Rage, 2006 Nytro ER (Blown Motor)
Rage battery doesn't appear to be charging. I'm getting no voltage change at the battery terminals even if I rev it up. 30A main fuse is good and the resistance readings I got from the stator seem good. I used a multimeter and set it to the lowest setting (200) and got a reading of .3 ohms on both sides. This has me thinking voltage regulator, but it doesn't idle correctly either. These issues may or may not be related, but it only idles on the two cylinders closest to the clutch. Spark seems good, changing coil packs/plugs did nothing. When your off idle (probably over 5-6 grand) it runs on 3 cylinders no problem (could be idler jet I suppose.)

Would a bad battery not take a charge as well? Haven't had any problems the rest of the season though and all of a sudden it wouldn't start after a full day of riding. It started fine this morning, but then all of sudden no power, as if it hadn't been charging at all today.

1. Stator or regulator?
2. Does the regulator or stator tie into ignition system such that it wouldn't idle? Could be unrelated I suppose, but the timing of these break downs seem too coincidental.
3.Battery?

Edit like 6: continuity between battery terminals and corresponding outputs on voltage regulators is good.

Last edited:

Just a thought........ My bud's vector had the same problem.. He took everything off. (darn 08's) the battery terms were loose.. Tightened things back up.----------------------pause------------------ Good to go.. MM>:dunno:

Just a thought........ My bud's vector had the same problem.. He took everything off. (darn 08's) the battery terms were loose.. Tightened things back up.----------------------pause------------------ Good to go.. MM>:dunno:
Thanks, I'll look into it. They seemed pretty tight when I pulled them off, but it's hard to say for sure.

Start sled with stator unplugged and check plug using A/C setting all 3 pins coming off stator should read real close to same. If 1 of 3 is lower stator is bad.
STATOR PRODUCES A-C CURRENT gets made into D-C at regulator.

Back