• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX or Nytro

ericsno

Extreme
Debating on getting a rtx or nytro,i currently have a vector which handles well and has good power,most of my riding is ditches and tight trails with some field and lake riding mixed in.I had a f7 back in 03 and did enjoy the topend i, but only go 100 plus 1 percent of the time,so for the people that have demoed either a nytro or rtx do u feel the rtx is worth the extra money.

From what i have heard the nytro is geared lower for faster acceleration but lacks serious top end. It's made for ditch running where top speed isn't a concern. The RTX would be a more all around sled IMO.. set up for the rough, plus the lake if you need it. All for a price however. The nytro is considerably cheaper. We combine trails, lakes etc.. so i went with the RTX. The front shocks are the same on both.

You have a vector and you know how good it is. To be honest going from a vector to a Nytro you would not gain all that much.
95% of the 06 advancements went into the Apex models and they are amazing. So good they blew me away. If you can scratch up the extra coin go with the RTX by all means.

the nytro is alot different from the vectors
so u will gain alot but not speed
go with the rtx if ya got the money though
almost the same sled not counting the motor

I had the same debate going in my mind... The different chassis is what made up my mind. I have the Vector now as well, and I can't justify buying a brand new sled that only has a new seat, higher bars, fox FLOATS in front, and lower geared clutch. From the Yamaha website is seems that little is different between the 05 Vector and 06 Nytro - someone who has ridden them please correct me. But like I said the deltabox II - a true rider forward design was the deciding factor for me (well that and the 150FI with radiator, remote adjust monoshock [Nytro has the same as the 05 Vector] and kick a$$ new look :Rockon: )

Rode both today the Nitro is a hell of a trail sled and out handles any of the other new sledsa. If you mainly ride trail go with the Nitro.

Jim

greenmachine said:
Rode both today the Nitro is a hell of a trail sled and out handles any of the other new sledsa. If you mainly ride trail go with the Nitro.

Jim
Thanks Jim, that was my impression as well from our test ride. I still find it hard to believe how much different the Nytro rode compared to the Vector when it's "technically" not all that different.

My own debate continues whether to put a Nytro or one of the Apex models in the empty spot on my trailer next to the Rage.

Or I could buy a driveway..... :o|

It depends what you like!

If the 120 hp is enough power for you and you still like the look of the old styling...I say NITRO!!

For myself, I need a change in style every couple of years....so it will be APEX!

If you like throdle response....APEX!!

Back