• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running board heat exchangers

michael432

Extreme
my son bought a very nice 07 attack gt. going out in hurley past week with very poor snow conditions his boots actually melted on the running boards because they got so hot. is this normal with low cooling conditions? thanks

no did the yellow light come on in the dash? it is normal for them to get quite warm but hot enuff to melt rubber or plastic ????? wow.

Mine does not do that.

At least his feet didn't get cold riding!

If his coolant was that hot I'd say he was pushing it. You can damage an engine easily that way. Either that or his boots are a ridiculous soft rubber.

Super Sled said:
If his coolant was that hot I'd say he was pushing it. You can damage an engine easily that way. Either that or his boots are a ridiculous soft rubber.
X2

If I plan on not moving for more than a few seconds, I shut it off. These 4 strokes heat up very quickly after being operated, and then idled.

This happened to me last winter and I was wearing steel toe work boots at the time. I was driving very slow on a icey trail for about 4 km, so don't accuse anyone of running the machine too hard. The temp light didn't come on and I knew I didn't push the machine too hard. So I had the dealer check things over and they replaced the thermosensor assembly. I haven't had it happen since but I also haven't driven on clear ice either.

Back