• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SanDale 3inch with Hurricane tunes ***Update***

2 seasons on mine with 3" Hyperflow, CAI, Turbosmart BOV, and tune bundle almost always set at 270. Lots of WOT pulls, lake running and 60-80mph trail cruising. Never had any issues - exhaust and tune play very well together.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Did Hurricane set you up with a special tune for CAI?

Do you have the knock protection update on your tunes? Any detection's?

Are you running 91 octane or higher?

Are you running the stock bar sensor?

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Did Hurricane set you up with a special tune for CAI?
No, Dave didn't make a special tune specifically for the CAI. I was with Mike at Sandale last year when the pulls were being done on Daves 270-290 tunes & 3" Hyperflow. I don't remember the exact number, but we were seeing more that 270 (closer to 290 I think) and a bit leaner up top than you'd want. Mike did a bunch of pulls over the next couple days and was sharing those logs with Dave, who ultimately tweaked the bundle to make the most of tune/exhaust combo. The tunes that resulted from this were made available to all a few days later, and are what I ran all of last year.

Do you have the knock protection update on your tunes? Any detection's?
Yes, I run knock protection (all Hurricane tunes do) and have seen some knock events in my logs. Typically, .5 degree of timing is pulled. I run tall gearing, and 192 1.63" nails. I've only seen this when doing back-back drag starts where there is significant load on the engine.

Are you running 91 octane or higher?
91 always with 270, and will add a gallon of 110 when playing with 290.

Are you running the stock bar sensor?
Stock right now, will be installing a 3 bar before riding season starts.

How much boost does the 290 tune make?

Back