• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt bros. clutch kit and cold air intake

KHEXX

Pro
Hello all...Just installed the Schmidt Bros stage 2 clutch kit and cold air intake modules last night. Will post results when I can get out on my sled...NEED SNOW!!! I noticed my clutch engagement went from 4000 rpm to 2850 rpm....should translate into smoother takeoffs without breaking the track loose, ;)! Will post results as soon as possible!!!!

09nytro said:
Cool . I would like to know how the intake works i'm thinking about getting it

What I can tell you is there is a definite rpm gain when adding them...noticed it after mod...250-300 rpm....consistent...for what its worth..

bottlerocket said:
Yes is the clutching gaining the 250-300 rpms or the mods? Keep us posted.

According to Chris the cold air mod is the rpm gain... As for the clutching: Cant wait to get out and have this thing pull my arms off!!! :Rockon:

So what peak rpm are you shooting for? Did they say were you should be running? I love there dual outlet can! Mr sleds got one with there stuff.

bottlerocket said:
So what peak rpm are you shooting for? Did they say were you should be running? I love there dual outlet can! Mr sleds got one with there stuff.

The dual can looks and sounds sweet, if I had more money I would be on it...I have already spent way too much lately on my ride...with zero snow!!! :o|
I will have to call him on that one, don't quote me but i thought he said around 8750-9000 at 90mph as a measurement....

Gates93 said:
Yes, let us know what you think and the difference it's going to make.
Thinking of getting that exact setup.
Keep us updated.
Thanks

Will do..and I will be in contact with SBM and will let ya know as soon as i do, was gonna hang it in the garage and bust her loose just to see, but having my sled suspended doing 90 kinda scares me>>>LOL :jump:

I have talk to him about the clutch kit and they praised about the lower rpm helping the holeshot. I think mine is about 3150 and its very hard to hold it there before you take off.

shaddow44 said:
KHEXX, I'm very interested in how the low engagment works out for track spin.

Will let you know as soon as i get it out, trails are not open here, might take it out on the lake early next week.......

FYI With the clutch kit i bought you change out the rollers, and change out the heel, mid and tip weights. I also installed a new secondary helix...

Back