• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Bros Clutch Overdrive

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
Any body have them machine your Primary and helix? They claim 3-5 mph on the Primary and 5 on the helix.

Had my primary done this year, already had aftermarket helix. Never had a chance to run it wfo for very long, so can't comment on the gains. Great guys to work with though...

Need more power with the gear as the machining changes the ratio and spins the jack shaft faster for more speed. There already over geared.

bottlerocket said:
Need more power with the gear as the machining changes the ratio and spins the jack shaft faster for more speed. There already over geared.

True, but now you run the CVT in a "very unefficient" top end zone. Heavy sleds with deep lug tracks don't like this zone for long W.O.T runs. Your drive belt will hate you!!!!!! If you push the clutches past 1-1 ratio be prepared for the big "BOOM" LOL....

Very much so agree but pointing out to RJH that a gear change will offer no gains of mph. Im not a fan of over drive machining for your reason.

O.D. isnt for the average guy...most wont like it short term without alot of tuning knowledge and long term destroys the durability of your clutch...

polarisconvert said:
Any body have them machine your Primary and helix? They claim 3-5 mph on the Primary and 5 on the helix.

You won't gain any speed at all unless your clutches are shifting out fully already. It's not going to hurt anything to have it done but don't expect much.

if you overdrive the clutches you need to gear down. you also need to set up the secondary to allow for more shiftout. my sled is geared for 112mph, but i have ran 115. not bad for a 144 rx.

Back