• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt bros or Ulmer?

Teamyammie3

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro RTX SE
Hi there

I have a 2010 nytro rtx se that is 100% stock.

The upgrades I'm looking to do are:
Clutch kit
Air box mod or intake system of some kind
Full exhaust system
And I'll need a pc5

I can't decide if I go ulmer for everything or Schmidt Bros. Is there a big difference between ulmers clutch kits and the stage II you can get from Schmidt?

Which would be better? Would it matter if I had everything from ulmer except clutch kit from Schmidt?

What other upgrades should I do without turbo or anything like that?

Any feed back as to what I should do or other companies I should look at would be awesome.

suggestions for best set ups and combinations of parts I should do would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

For the bolt on stuff I would recommend Hurricanes kit with the Hindle exhaust and his airbox mod...with PC5 its $1299. Ulmer has a clutch kit that will compliment it.
Ulmer uses aftermarket weights...Schmidt uses stock....the rest is close....can't go wrong either way

You cannot go wrong with Schmidt bros. The engagement is the trick. Smooth as butter. Your neck and shoulders will thank you.

Ya how loud is the hindle? I'm in ontario and have stupid noise laws.. Also will I see significant gains from this kit with a clutch kit as well?

I went to Alan for everything. Awesome guy to do business with.
I have K&N's, Power Commander, Ulmer clutching, and Excell header with custom under tunnel exhaust. Not to loud, nice deep growl.

And how much did you notice in your nytro after everything was done? I am compleatly stock right now

I think I replied to this on your other thread as well but

"I bought the Ulmer kit which is the same but with his map instead and the difference is unbelievable. I am more than happy with the $ per HP ratio. Sounds amazing as well. I thought that it was going to be tough to improve on the low end torquey Nytro engine but it does. A LOT."

Teamyammie3,

Our full hidden system with 20" muffler is not very loud and looks stock from behind. You can also add a removable noise reducer if needed. This is the only full system Hurricane Performance sells.

Lee Hindle

Back