• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scorchers Ice Scratchers Idler Wheel Adapter

TheBluePearl

Extreme
Has anyone tried these out yet? How do they work and are they worth it?

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/accessory_details.php?item=4456&group=S&model=3149

I have a set or Scorchers Ice Scratchers for my XTX, and have been wondering where to put them. The best place would be where the one idler wheel is. I have read on here about removing the wheel or moving it inside the tunnel, but if these work, I will just get them. I did a search and was unable to locate any information on these.

TheBluePearl said:
Has anyone tried these out yet? How do they work and are they worth it?

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/accessory_details.php?item=4456&group=S&model=3149

I have a set or Scorchers Ice Scratchers for my XTX, and have been wondering where to put them. The best place would be where the one idler wheel is. I have read on here about removing the wheel or moving it inside the tunnel, but if these work, I will just get them. I did a search and was unable to locate any information on these.

Yep... tried them on my 2010 MTX... installed them where the frontmost idler wheel would go...

First ride with them on and I bent the mounting bolt up on both sides from a bit of sidehilling. Not too impressed with that!

I just went back to running the scratcher... looked like a good idea tho!

APEX 06 said:
I had got a set for the rails and put them on the skis ans they work great.

You ran the kit that allows for the scratcher and idler wheel to be on the same bolt on your skis? I am thinking you are just talking about the scratchers... right?

BigECB said:
APEX 06 said:
I had got a set for the rails and put them on the skis ans they work great.

You ran the kit that allows for the scratcher and idler wheel to be on the same bolt on your skis? I am thinking you are just talking about the scratchers... right?

Sorry Just the scratcher.

Here you go if you need a better pic let me know.

Attachments

• skis.JPG
    skis.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 141
APEX 06 said:
Here you go if you need a better pic let me know.

Thanks for adding the picture. When you don't have the scratchers deployed, do they sit on the end of the ski well? I love to jump with the XTX and I am concerned that they would deploy on their own.

Thats cool. I have a 121" 2010 Nytro and bought the scorchers the other day and cannot figure out where to put them. If I put them behind the only outside idler wheel then the scratchers are pretty far back. Suggestions?

ice scrathers

my dealers nytro 121 said he mounted his on the first shaft on rails that mounts the front limit strap . but i heard you can mount them on inside of skis near or on the main bolt

Back