• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scratchers...... where did you mount yours and why?

Those scare me. I've seen them get bent and tangled in a track, ripping inside lugs right off.
The spring pressure downward is significant and after two seasons with them have never had a problem. I make every effort to pull them up before backing.
Not sure how they could get tangled in the track… Unless they were down and went airborne and landed on one side or the other, not flat?

1636837039326.png

Been running these for 3 years now and no problems.

Get replacement rods. You can also change amount of pressure to the snow.

I mounted mine to skis on inside so throws snow onto track. Had them on for 1 season and used few times and worked . Bought kit from barn of.parts and mounted them on front based on there recommendations

Mounted mine under footwell. I did not want them banging track and skid. I mounted to where they swing in front of track. Works well for reverse and they tuck into the running board when not down. Rode on hard ice and did a great job on both hyfax and engine temps.
View attachment 163461View attachment 163463View attachment 163462View attachment 163464
Any issue with the spot on the running board cracking from the stress of the cable flexing all the time? Can I get a close up pic of how and where you mounted yours?

Any issue with the spot on the running board cracking from the stress of the cable flexing all the time? Can I get a close up pic of how and where you mounted yours?
Let me see if i can find a better pic for you. It is on the outside of the footbed where there is lots of bracing. Zero issues with flex

I use these. Never had good luck with cable type scratchers. Ends loosen up, and or rail connection loosens up and not enough pressure maintained downward. View attachment 163542
what kind r those? it looks like it has a keeper for it while not in use, i have stock ones that the sled came with on and i dont like how they clip around skid rail while not in use, looks like will eventually wear paint off, has anyone installed a keeper fir lack of a better word?

Back