• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SD-08

Y2GREY

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
79SRX440, 03RX1 stretched and aired out, 06ATTACK, 09APEXLTX stretched and boosted, 18XTX SIDEWINDER
I have a stock 2018 X-TX. Threw the SD-08 code when putting it in storage at the end of the season. I pulled the actuator. (it has a brass gear) The actuator gear does not move when the button is pressed. The actuator will not turn by hand when removed from the sled. I'm assuming it's the actuator itself.
thoughts?

The actuator should not turn by hand. If you have the actuator removed try putting 12v straight to the actuator, you can connect the + /- to either pin on actuator and see if it works.

I'll try jumping the actuator since it's on the bench and go from there...

I had one that wouldn’t shift.removed actuator, Pop the cover off so you can see the gear. Contact cleaner I think I had to manually turn it to get it started then spun it for like a minute at a time alternating directions

It was intermittent but after a bit it worked fine in both directions before closing it up I put some dielectric grease on the gear. So far so good it still works fine

This was in early December of 21

Back