• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seafoam in Crankcase oil

sws564

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper ltx dx
2006 Attak
2009 RS Vector
Says on the can that you can add seafoam to your crankcase oil, anybody do this to help with moisture buildup in oil?...............Thanks

I wouldn't do that.. why???? If your getting water in your oil something is wrong. just change your oil if needed... I bet it would effect it in the long run. Use synthetic.. We love our machines so much we can kill them with love.

If there was a history of oil related problems in any Yamaha 4S motor, might as well try something right?

But is there ANY problem with Yamaha 4S motors related to oil? The answer is "NO"....so why mess with it?

Thanks for the replies, I am seeing small amount of moisture around the oil dipstick cap, thought the seafoam might help with controlling it a bit. I'm going to add some seafoam just before I change the oil like another poster said.............

IF your having a moisture problem its only 3 things. #1 A LOT of short trips, never getting to full operating temperature #2 Bad thermostat, engine isn't warming up enough to evaporate the water, #3 coolant in the oil, usually turns the oil into a chocolate milkshake though and coolant goes missing. If its a lot of white snot around the dipstick I'd put my money on #2 with the sled being an 06', great time opportunity to change the antifreeze also!

I do it every year on my turbo just before an oil change. I have almost 28,000 on it still and runs like a top. Helps clean out carbon build up in the engine.

Seafoam in oil is not for moisture buildup. Seafoam in oil is to clean the engine and you do not go for a long trip with it in. Little run to warm up the motor and no full throttle as far as I'm concerned. It thins your oil out and adds cleaners to it. I used it in my Warrior a couple times and went for a ride down the trail to the lake and back maybe 40 miles tops. Dump the oil and change filter fresh oil and your done. The oil will come out blacker then before you added the seafoam.

I used less then a half can.

Just like the old days where we would use a quart of diesel fuel and 3 quarts of engine oil and run it for 2 or 3 minutes. Then change the oil. Oil would be so clean you couldn't see it on the dipstick.
Jim
08 APEX

I used to put about a half can into my oil tank and do one short, 20 mile ride before an oil change......(on an 03 RX-1 Mc Express turbo).....then dump the oil.....Don't forget that with that small amount of oil that stays in the engine there will still be a trace left behind after the oil change.....and I'm not sure if that is still true with all the new sleds....just my 2 cents.....Seafoam in the fuel tank 4 sure.....

Anyone have experience with using Star-tron fuel additive?

Anyone have experience with using Star-tron fuel additive?
For long term storage I run coleman camp fuel through my fuel system, this is easily done on the carbed machines, just let the pumps pull it up out of the can. The fuelies dont seem to have as much as a problem. My small yard equipment runs only on the camp fuel with proper oil mix, dont waste my money on those additives, never had much luck with them.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
if you want Yamaha makes a product call Ring Free if you use 1=2 oz in every tank it will help to keep the carbon from building up it is not cheap but works really well also there fuel stuff Fuel MEX is way cheaper an sea foam. where I'm from we push a lot of it and have notice a big different in the shop with fuel problem that we see.

Back