• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat Time

olie72

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha viper
Hey guys. I currently have a 2016 viper LTX Le. I have had a total of 4 chain case leaks in the past year of riding. It seems it always happens when I am on a big trip. I am seriously thinking hard about buying a new sidewinder, the dealer will give me a pretty good trade value. What are you current thoughts of the new sidewinder. I was told that the chain case on the sidewinder is different, and that basically they have been testing this sled for 5 years. All information would be greatly appreciated.

Not a lot of guys with a ton of miles on them yet.. Only for sure is the clutching(stock) is LAZY.. Stock > dog out of the hole.
But stay tuned for clutching set ups. A lot of good guys with a lot of knowledge on this site. And the great part is they share info

I hope my brand new 2016 Viper SE doesn't have the same issue..hasn't even seen its maiden voyage yet.

I hope my brand new 2016 Viper SE doesn't have the same issue..hasn't even seen its maiden voyage yet.

Just ride it. No leaks on mine or any other issues in almost 4500 kms. Remember that often you only hear about the problems.

Last edited:
X2 low miles for sure. But IMHO, very positive thus far.

Back