• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock Eliminator while waiting for Service

FrozenTows4

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sold
2017 ZR6000RS
2018 ZR6000 El Tigre
YOUTUBE
FrozenTows1
With all shocks going in for service, and having limited garage space, being able to move the sleds, or put them back in the trailer, is a must.
Can't leave them sitting, for weeks, waiting for shock service.

I made up some temporary shock eliminators so sleds can be dollied, moved, or put back in the trailer.

I welded some lock washers, since they are heavier, to some left over shelf standard in the garage.
Hung the shock bushings, for easy access, when the shocks are done.

Nothing has to be done with the skid shocks removed.
Plug it back in, torsion springs on heavy, and there's more than enough support.

Now the sleds can be move around, or put back into the trailer, until I'm ready for another maintenance session.

good job.

i up graded pretty much all the sled shocks to gytr or olins and still have the stock ones around for moving the sleds out of the way until i get them back.

Good idea! Mine will be stuck on the lift anyway when I pull mine. I have a rear suspension arm to swap out, front skid arm to sandblast and paint, all bearings in the sled are getting swapped, a arm bushings to replace new skis, so I’m in no hurry to get shocks back. Lots of other work to do with limited hours available. I have thought about how to do this on the cheap for future use.

Last edited:
That's going to ride pretty rough. May want to get them resprung :)

Back