• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shootout

Just viewed some of the
videos.... What's up with the racing position with buddy on the Mach Z ..... No way to get a good time like that.... Probably a normal Doo position..... Lol
He's a long time doo rider. Happens to them all. He is bent at a 90 degree angle because thats the position you get in to look in your cylinders and see which piston melted. Hes riding a four stroke now but sadly the position is permanent.

Just viewed some of the
videos.... What's up with the racing position with buddy on the Mach Z ..... No way to get a good time like that.... Probably a normal Doo position..... Lol
I thought he was just trying to limit drag on the skis by getting weight back as much as possible. Not ideal for ETs but neither is dirt.

I thought he was just trying to limit drag on the skis by getting weight back as much as possible. Not ideal for ETs but neither is dirt.
Good point but why didn't he assume that position when running the T-Cat? The video Phatboyc just posted has him positioned in a normal riding stance as opposed to the images of him running the 900T.

Good point but why didn't he assume that position when running the T-Cat? The video Phatboyc just posted has him positioned in a normal riding stance as opposed to the images of him running the 900T.

No idea, maybe because he didn't have problems with the t-cat hooking up :) In the other vid he looks like he has that same superman position on the t-cat he has on the doos. Not as extreme and he has his feet more underneath him but his arms are at full extension. Not sure what the point is of racing on dirt altogether, I get that its tradition at this point to host there, at this time of year, but ... not really useful.

Exactly, no one in the real world will want to take their expensive machine and run it in this type of scenario. Time to move it elsewhere.

When I bought my new sidewinder in 2016 it was snowing that day so I took it for a rip at the dealership and let the salesman and mechanic take it out. They loved it. I got home and rode it around my acreage. My first rule no 1. Never ride on a grass or dirt. My brand new sled has never been so dirty/ muddy underneath and took forever to make it look new again. Sorry back to topic

I agree with the track rachet. With all the new studs, the sled hooked hard on the grass surface. The track needs to be banjo tight when you drag race and hook hard. In the past I have seen the same type of noise racing with lots of ice pics hooking hard.

The Mach is only 30 lbs lighter and the thundercat has eps. So much for big heavy cat.
The Mach is not light but that 30 lb difference is over the skis. I have the X pkg 900 r and it’s 25 lbs lighter than the Mach So that makes it 55 lbs lighter than the Winder. You can really feel the difference that 55 lbs makes especially when a good bit of it is over the skis.

Back