• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I switch

turkster

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 nytro xtx
Every yr same old #*$&@. Gets a little cool and this thing wont fire. Battery dies and then new one. They call them snowmobiles but when it snows it wont start. Need a half day for plug change and dont need that when ya dont have a shop. Quite pissed right now. Think might have to go back to a two smoke.

Every yr same old #*$&@. Gets a little cool and this thing wont fire. Battery dies and then new one. They call them snowmobiles but when it snows it wont start. Need a half day for plug change and dont need that when ya dont have a shop. Quite pissed right now. Think might have to go back to go back to a two smoke..

Started riding doo’s in 2011 , first one was a mxz xrs 6k miles not a single issue, bought another in 2015, 3625 miles zero issues, not even a blown belt. Both were 800’s, light nimble and predictable. Switched teams and went with a turbo yamacat in 2017 not sure that was the answer, got my clock cleaned just like shagnos the first season, had to spend thousands to keep up, the handling is ok but not as nice as the doo that’s for sure. Everyone keeps telling me and I’ve been reading the forums about all the little problems with the arctic chassis, oil leaks, clutch rollers, springs bindings and now belts blowing. I’m in balls deep on what my buddies refer to as the shitgrinder and I wish had stuck with the doo’s. So if I had to do it all over again it would be a ski-doo for sure! Just my 2 cents.

Think ur on the wrong forum for ski doo salesman. I realize it sucks when ur ready to ride and cant but, do u do any preseason main? Plugs are a pain compared to 2 smokes but it's not like they eat plugs. I do one set a year during preseason and that's probably not needed, many around with 5-6000 miles and still original plugs. Haven't seen a doo yet that don't use twice as much fuel as my nytro, and a ton of oil to ride not to mention 4 stroke reliability. Battery's should last longer than that, is it a yuasa? Many others do not last, if that's not the problem then maybe an ad on that is drawing power and running the battery down some when sitting. As for oil, if it is overfull or has been on its side lately u may see some running out of the bottom of the airbox, or a crack in the oil tank itself. If there is any problems this site has slot of people and alot of previous posts that will help u out. Sorry to hear of ur bad luck, does suck to get ready to go then get stuck wrenching when everyone else is riding.

Sea foam is the cure for todays crappy gas. I add some to every tank. Especially if the sleds been sitting there waiting for snow. But I do have a heated garage and sledding would suck without one, no matter what you ride.

I don't know but I have had 3 Yamaha 4 strokes and never had to change a spark plug on any off them. My Phazer has 5,600 miles on the original plugs and they look like new. I look at them every year but they don't need to be changed. Are you revving the sled before the temp light goes off? Are you running fuel stabilizer in the sled before the off season? Same with batteries, Never had an issue with the 3 sleds I have owned. Are you putting the battery on a trickle charger in the off season? Is it fully charged before you first try and start the sled. If there are any short comings with a Yamaha 4 stroke sled I would say that these 2 issues you are having are not typical. G.B.

I don't know but I have had 3 Yamaha 4 strokes and never had to change a spark plug on any off them. My Phazer has 5,600 miles on the original plugs and they look like new. I look at them every year but they don't need to be changed. Are you revving the sled before the temp light goes off? Are you running fuel stabilizer in the sled before the off season? Same with batteries, Never had an issue with the 3 sleds I have owned. Are you putting the battery on a trickle charger in the off season? Is it fully charged before you first try and start the sled. If there are any short comings with a Yamaha 4 stroke sled I would say that these 2 issues you are having are not typical. G.B.[/

Think ur on the wrong forum for ski doo salesman. I realize it sucks when ur ready to ride and cant but, do u do any preseason main? Plugs are a pain compared to 2 smokes but it's not like they eat plugs. I do one set a year during preseason and that's probably not needed, many around with 5-6000 miles and still original plugs. Haven't seen a doo yet that don't use twice as much fuel as my nytro, and a ton of oil to ride not to mention 4 stroke reliability. Battery's should last longer than that, is it a yuasa? Many others do not last, if that's not the problem then maybe an ad on that is drawing power and running the battery down some when sitting. As for oil, if it is overfull or has been on its side lately u may see some running out of the bottom of the airbox, or a crack in the oil tank itself. If there is any problems this site has slot of people and alot of previous posts that will help u out. Sorry to hear of ur bad luck, does suck to get ready to go then get stuck wrenching when everyone else is riding.

Yup yuasa. usually good till have to crank forever.

Hopefully you get it figured out! They are a lot of fun and normally dependable.

Back