• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I switch

I had the "click"... Now have a new battery, solenoid and starter... Turn key, engines leaps to start... Long cranking sounds like gas, air or fire is missing or in the wrong ratio... Four stroke should be pretty solid on the start. I feel your pain, nothing worse then click, or rrrrrrrrrr... Hope your friend was able to sort out.

Yep oil and plug change put on 150 miles this wknd now its throwing codes,84,37 and 30. Dropped it at the shop they said the 37 wasnt on there the 84 quit and the 30 theyre not sure about. cables not to tight, oil pressure should be ok no leaks, and the 37 is possible dirty injector. Since Ive owned it new Ive maybe gotten about 11 rides out of it and 6 of those its been back at the shop. Dont want to start bashing but thats alot, only 2200 miles on a 2014. Like wth. Just had to vent

Yep oil and plug change put on 150 miles this wknd now its throwing codes,84,37 and 30. Dropped it at the shop they said the 37 wasnt on there the 84 quit and the 30 theyre not sure about. cables not to tight, oil pressure should be ok no leaks, and the 37 is possible dirty injector. Since Ive owned it new Ive maybe gotten about 11 rides out of it and 6 of those its been back at the shop. Dont want to start bashing but thats alot, only 2200 miles on a 2014. Like wth. Just had to vent

That is frustrating... considering we have a motorcycle engine on the snow, there is a lot of complexity going on. Did my maiden voyage last weekend, everything ran great but the reverse linkage was sticky (forgot to lubricate it) and went into reverse hard one time. Now I have a gear whine which pisses me off. Need to get the oil seals so I can pull the chain case cover and inspect. I suspect I chipped a tooth on one of the reverse / forward drive gears (#60, #57 or #42), hoping it is not the expensive gears (#66, #46)... but always seems to be something! I ran my 1998 XTC 700 ten years without ever replacing anything... much simpler but not as nice as these Nytros when they are on. Good luck.

Track Drive 2.jpg

30- Oil pressure dropped (engine stops when an oil pressure drop is detected).
37- ISC (idle speed control) valve stuck fully open, (engine speed is high when idling).
84- TORS (starts but unable to ride).

All that stress went to the shop check on the sled. Starts great. Go to turn right ,straight into 84. Damn cable all this time. Put on 261 mile yesterday,what a ride.

Glad you found it : ) success ...

Back