• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should Yamaha offer a bigger tank on SOME Nytros

Should Yamaha offer a VERSION of the Nytro with bigger gas tank

• Yes I would like a 10-12gal on some Nytros

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I like it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care 7 or 10gal I am buying the Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I , like alot of us who ride Pittsburg,North woods enjoy being able to carry as much gas as possible.I have a apex rtx now but am cranked on over this nytro rtx......although there are pumps "not so far away"it generally means getting out of the highlands and dropping in to marginal in town riding.if the nytro had a ten gallon tank that would put it on the same range as most other sleds in the pack.It would allow the rider/owner the option of adding range,if you are dragging or in the pits playing dont fill it up. My 2c

silversurfer said:
Dano said:
silversurfer said:
7.4 x 16 = 120 miles. I don't worry about fuel with a 1/4 tank left. And you will not be out of gas after 100, that is just not true.

28L/ by 1 gallon (4.5L) =6.22......6.22x16mpg=99.55miles

Cannuck gallons!

Dan

Something doesn't add up here. Either they are putting a smaller tank on the Canadian version (which would be ridiculous) or your math is wrong.

1 Gallon = 3.785 Liters
7.4 gal. x 3.785 = 28.009 liters
16 mpg x 7 gallons = 112 miles (leaving .4 gallons in the tank)
25.75km / 3.785 liters = 6.8 km per liter
6.8 km/l x 26.5 liters = 180 km
180km = 111.84 miles

Kråkan said:
If yuor gallon is 4,5L and the US gallon is 3,75L u will allmost get 20miles/gallon. The MPG that Yamaha is talking about is US gallons!

So......In your mind the FX Nytro only has a 6.2 Canadian gallon tank!!!

You mean to tell me, that NOW your only going to get 5.72 km/l. Which is only 151km on 26.5 liters of gas! Converted to the U.S. mile the sled will only go about 95 miles on a tank!!!! The fuel mileage changes because the sled is in Canada???!?!? How much is one Canadain liter converted to U.S. Gallons?????

I will not buy this sled this year! There are two reason why......

1. 7 gallon gas tank! I presently ride an 07 Renegade 600sdi and I get great gas mileage. I also carry the ski-doo jerrycan with three gallons in it and have used that extra gas twice this year.......

2. No 136 track length option! Come on Yamaha! I bet that the Atack is one, if not the best seller for you . Give me a 136 option.

I so want to buy a Yamaha, but they still have not hit the nail on the head for me yet. A FX Nitro with 10 gallon tank and a 136 inch track, and you would have had my money...

skyboz said:
silversurfer said:
Dano said:
silversurfer said:
7.4 x 16 = 120 miles. I don't worry about fuel with a 1/4 tank left. And you will not be out of gas after 100, that is just not true.

28L/ by 1 gallon (4.5L) =6.22......6.22x16mpg=99.55miles

Cannuck gallons!

Dan

Something doesn't add up here. Either they are putting a smaller tank on the Canadian version (which would be ridiculous) or your math is wrong.

1 Gallon = 3.785 Liters
7.4 gal. x 3.785 = 28.009 liters
16 mpg x 7 gallons = 112 miles (leaving .4 gallons in the tank)
25.75km / 3.785 liters = 6.8 km per liter
6.8 km/l x 26.5 liters = 180 km
180km = 111.84 miles

Exactly. People are shrinking the size of the gas tank.....

skyboz said:
FreezerBurnt said:
I get 140miles with my 2 last 2strokes on a tank

Why not get that with a 4stroke

But the point is Yamaha SHOULD ALSO keep the smaller tank on certain models

NO one is suggesting get rid of the small tank BUT rather have a similar model with bigger tank

How big is your tank on your ZR 600?? You can go 140 miles??? Miles or kilometers? I have an '02 600 EFI, and I have never made it over 100 miles on a tank!!

**EDIT** - Freezer, your tank is almost twice as big as the FX Nytro tank!!
YES I HAVE a 13gal tank

And YES I KNOW its almost twice the size

Point is I can ride for 140miles before fill up

this has NOTHING to do with MPG but rather RANGE

When out and my odo reads 100miles I know I can rid further before worrying about filling up

I Odometer all my tank of gas ;)!

silversurfer said:
I would LIKE to see a bigger tank on the Nytro, but it isn't happening. 3-4 more gallons of gas = 24-30 lbs. So now it weighs as much as an Apex but with less power - bascially you're turning it into a Vector. My point in responding to this post is that I think the range on the Nytro will be fine, and I don't think people should be scared off from buying this great machine because of it.
Someone in this thread who talked to reps said Yamaha isn't going to change it, and I doubt they would. IF I'm wrong, you can devote an entire thread to laughing at me.

SS you are not getting the POINT,you like the 7gal tank and Yamaha is making it

Some riders want a 150mile range minimum and would like to see Yamaha,add a bigger tank on SOME Nytros so they can enjoy the new tech that the Nytro offers like lightweight EFI 130+hp sled with a rider forward like the Rev

NO ONE is saying get rid of the 7gal tank all together

If you can get 16 miles per gallon on the Nytro, your looking for fuel at 80 miles. Your out of fuel on the side of the trail at 100 miles on the last drop of fuel in the 28 liters.

I am currently on a Phazer fx and get about 135 on an 8 gallon tank. Would love to 150 miles on a tank.

If you are saying you would like to go 150 miles on a fill-up, I would too. If you are saying you wouldn't buy the sled because of the extra 15 miles would be lost, that doesn't make any sense.

because you are not a rider that rides long miles when he goes out

I have been out riding today, 210km or 131 miles, and i have passed atleast 4 gasstations, I just dont get the bitchin about the SMALL tank? If u ride alot of groomed trails
and go LONG rides and want a big tank, buy the VECTOR OR APEX or install an extra tank!
How big is your tank on your ZR 600?? You can go 140 miles??? Miles or kilometers? I have an '02 600 EFI, and I have never made it over 100 miles on a tank!!

I have brought up these very two points about 800 times, this is the truth. Let's see if you get the same reaction I did. The Nytro is NOT a cruising sled. And why do people keep worrying about 15 extra miles?

Nor is the ZR considred a cruising sled but even with 11-12mpg I get 140miles to a tank and I do NOT have to plan my ride according to where gas station are all the time

Like I mentioned in my earlier post I ROUTINELY track my miles per tank through the use of my ODOMETER

but the point is many want a sled that is that is good on gas aka the 15-18mpg 4strokes and want the 150+mile RANGE

the bonus would be less $$$$

At 140miles my sled burns roughly $50 of gas at $1L

With a 4stroke you might burn $30-35 at 140miles

but back to original intention of this post is many riders ride 150miles + without seeing a gas station

TRUE some of you ride in more populated areas that have a gas every 20-50miles so a 7 gal tank and a 100miles range is sufficient

Ok, I did my grade 4 three times to get my grade 12 so math is not my strong point. Could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I realize there is confusion between the US gallon and the Canadian gallon and why they are different I have no clue. So I’m thinking the Nytro will get 16 mpg (canuck gallons) and there is 4.5 liters in a canuck gallon? So now I divide 4.5 into 28 and that gives me 6.222222222222222222…ok now I multiply 16 and violla, I get 99.55.
I’ll go drink another beer and reassess my calculator. lol

Dan

Ok, I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets confused with MPG so everyone should clarify US or Canuck gallons when talking about MPG. If I can get 20 mpg (canuck) riding somewhat hard, that’s totally acceptable with me. I’ll let the jury out on that for now.
:Rockon:

Dan

Dano said:
Ok, I did my grade 4 three times to get my grade 12 so math is not my strong point. Could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I realize there is confusion between the US gallon and the Canadian gallon and why they are different I have no clue. So I’m thinking the Nytro will get 16 mpg (canuck gallons) and there is 4.5 liters in a canuck gallon? So now I divide 4.5 into 28 and that gives me 6.222222222222222222…ok now I multiply 16 and violla, I get 99.55.

Dan

The thing is that the MPG ratings that Yamaha is talking about is in US gallons NOT cannuk gallons... So if a US gallon is 3,75 liters and u get 16 miles per gallon = 16 miles per 3,75 liters..... 16/3,75 =4,266666miles per liter and the tank is app 28 liters. 4,2666666*28=118,4 MILES PER TANK! OR 188km per tank.

CAN WE PLEASE DROP THIS NOW!!!!??

Kråkan said:
Dano said:

Dan

The thing is that the MPG ratings that Yamaha is talking about is in US gallons NOT cannuk gallons... So if a US gallon is 3,75 liters and u get 16 miles per gallon = 16 miles per 3,75 liters..... 16/3,75 =4,266666miles per liter and the tank is app 28 liters. 4,2666666*28=118,4 MILES PER TANK! OR 188km per tank.

CAN WE PLEASE DROP THIS NOW!!!!??

Thank-You!!!! It's 3.785 U.S. liters X 7.4 U.S. Gallons = 28.009 Liters!! Just like the Yamaha Canada site states!!

FreezerBurnt said:
skyboz said:
FreezerBurnt said:
I get 140miles with my 2 last 2strokes on a tank

Why not get that with a 4stroke

But the point is Yamaha SHOULD ALSO keep the smaller tank on certain models

NO one is suggesting get rid of the small tank BUT rather have a similar model with bigger tank

**EDIT** - Freezer, your tank is almost twice as big as the FX Nytro tank!!
YES I HAVE a 13gal tank

And YES I KNOW its almost twice the size

Point is I can ride for 140miles before fill up

this has NOTHING to do with MPG but rather RANGE

When out and my odo reads 100miles I know I can rid further before worrying about filling up

I Odometer all my tank of gas ;)!

Freezer, I understand!! From the get-go this sled isn't for everyone! You need to weigh out the pros and cons! If range is that big of an issue, than buy a Z1. 13.5 U.S. gallon tank will take you almost 100 miles farther than your current ZR!!! Just a thought! The Nightfires look nice!!

Back