• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Side Panel Decals

Yammerhead

Expert
Last season, I peeled part of one of my side panel decals off while out on a ride. Afterwards, I removed the rest and the glue residue. The decal on the other side was scratched as well, so I removed it too. I was thinking about just leaving it naked, but this is what I am left with.

It looks like #*$&@, so I either have to get OEM decals, figure out how the get a better finish where the decal was removed or buy something custom. I'm not sure if I'm keeping the sled, so I don't want to dump 3 or 4 hundred into a custom wrap. I've never messed with the decals before, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Can you get a roll of the carbon fiber stuff or something similar and just cut to size?

Here is what mine looks like after I removed the decals, cleaned the surface and sprayed it with Maxima Racing Oil SC1 clear coat. Looks good for most of the season

Attachments

• East Hants-20111127-00160.jpg
    East Hants-20111127-00160.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 131

Back