• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Side Vent or No?

IceStriker

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attak GT
So, I bought a used Viper and I'm wondering if it's missing a side vent? There is none in the opening on the exhaust side but there is one on the clutch side. I'm talking about the opening closer to the ski, not the slotted, larger cutout above for which I have on both sides. Tried to post a picture but said the file was too large. Thanks in advance!

So, I bought a used Viper and I'm wondering if it's missing a side vent? There is none in the opening on the exhaust side but there is one on the clutch side. I'm talking about the opening closer to the ski, not the slotted, larger cutout above for which I have on both sides. Tried to post a picture but said the file was too large. Thanks in advance!
No lower vent on exhaust side like what's on the clutch side. Frog skin covered vent on clutch side only.

No lower vent on exhaust side like what's on the clutch side. Frog skin covered vent on clutch side only.
Thank you, kindly. Good to know although it does look off like there should be one there. Is that designed to allow snow in?

Are you saying you have a hole cut out on the exhaust side similar to the lower clutch side vent with frog skin?

Frog skin on clutch side is to keep snow out allowing for cool air on the clutches.

Back