• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sidewinder died?

i will try that again, is there a main ground somewhere on this sled to check?

ok thank you for thst infoif the stator was bad wouldnt it still crank over? unless i have 2 problems that happened at once lol

Maybe. You could have two problems but it doesn't hurt to start with a known good battery and work from there.

There's only 2 places the engine has ground. Big one under one of the bolts that holds starter on, and second smaller one on left (PTO) side of cylinder head.

My 2017 Thundercat did the same thing, it was blowing the battery fuse. It was the voltage regulator. SS

If I read this correctly, the key turns on, but it does not turn over the motor? You only went 10K before it packed it in? My Viper did the same thing and it turned out after filling up and restarting sled, Solenoid stayed on and melted the starter motor. Took about 15 min of riding to do it. Mine threw no codes but the stator would not be happy about the starter pulling so much power.

Attachments

• Burnt starter.JPG
    Burnt starter.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 124

Thank you InRBigness that is exactly what it was starter is fried just not sure if a bad starter relay was partially the culprit but for 40 bucks a new one will go in. im hoping there was no damage to stator. now just waiting for parts apparently this is happening a lot in thesexparts cause no one has stock lol thanks everyone for input

Glad you found it. I also replaced the solenoid when I did my starter. Its the ONLY thing that can cause it. I have thought about Rocztoyz starter saver LED light. It wont turn off solenoid but will let you know its still powered. Then you could turn off your sled right away and save your starter.

Thread is here on it: https://ty4stroke.com/threads/installation-of-rocztoyz-starter-saver.157172/

can you turn the primary counter clockwise by hand?
Hi KKuzzy. I have the same problem with my 2022 Thundercat. Was in Quebec last week and was not a good week for me. First of all my statar went on me on the Monday morning lost a day and a half at the Yamaha dealer in Alma Quebec. Than on Friday morning My sled wouldn't start, had to boost it finally went. Rode it 1 km and the machine jerked and stalled smoked a bit and that was it. I could not turn the primary Clutch. Do you think it was the stage 3r that done this? or is my machine a lemon

Hi KKuzzy. I have the same problem with my 2022 Thundercat. Was in Quebec last week and was not a good week for me. First of all my statar went on me on the Monday morning lost a day and a half at the Yamaha dealer in Alma Quebec. Than on Friday morning My sled wouldn't start, had to boost it finally went. Rode it 1 km and the machine jerked and stalled smoked a bit and that was it. I could not turn the primary Clutch. Do you think it was the stage 3r that done this? or is my machine a lemon
Sorry i am not totally sure, but if you cannot turn the primary CCW with the belt off (and killswitch activated for safety) i would have to guess that something is piled up. I would probably check the stator as it was the last thing touched.

Back