• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SideWinder New Motor

Really center of gravity? Lose sum weight if this is a problem. Highest center of gravity is you.
Exactly !
When we have exhausted all other topics to discuss , lets come back to this , maybe .
Did anyone happen to notice the size and shape of the key ?
Is it steel , aluminum ,or an alloy , that is lighter than the Viper key ?
I had my Apex key , shaved down to eliminate 31% of its weight , and reduced the cog of the key significantly !
I can really feel the difference in the way the sled handles, as it is way less tippy !

Are we having any fun yet !

This helps to take my mind off the fact , that with rain and warm temps next week, this weekend could be the best and last weekend of this snowmobiling season in southern Ontario !

This helps to take my mind off the fact , that with rain and warm temps next week, this weekend could be the best and last weekend of this snowmobiling season in southern Ontario !
Yes exactly true! Im in same area, sucks cause it took all winter to get these mint trails and it will all be done next week! ugh, man what a battle this winter has been.

I was sure to get out yesterday for a weekday ride...most of DYW,Highland rovers, ASC and HRG were just beginning to groom after the snow this week, I would think today they will be all ready for the masses to come up again this weekend, last weekend was nuts!

Dan

Not to familiar with the viper body but in my apex the motor could only go down about an 1". I'm not sure the motor could be lowered in the sidewinder, without making the belly deeper witch will put it closer to the ground, while still having the rider being the highest center of gravity. That motor can only weight...what 150lbs? And it's still the heaviest part of the sled other then a full tank of gas, that sits inches from the snow. If they made it any lower it would sit in the snow like a 340 enticer. Imo

Im on a 16' procross turbo137...the chassis and shock valving hides the weight ...even if this sits slightly higher...I dont think if its sitting higher its an issue...its mass is more centralized i.e. exhaust manifold at rear compared to front and turbo side rear compared to front..intercooler and mounting lower....hood looks way lighter than my sled....I can believe the rumor of 40 lbs reduction...and the location of the mass is key...

Yes exactly true! Im in same area, sucks cause it took all winter to get these mint trails and it will all be done next week! ugh, man what a battle this winter has been.

I was sure to get out yesterday for a weekday ride...most of DYW,Highland rovers, ASC and HRG were just beginning to groom after the snow this week, I would think today they will be all ready for the masses to come up again this weekend, last weekend was nuts!

Dan
Dan is the Sprucedale Inn back open , as when I was last there it was temporarily closed .

Mr Sled, do you think the roll over valve may be backward compatible with older sleds?

This kind of detail may have to wait.. interchanging part model to model is not usually info that will be handed out from my sources. We have to do our own testing in that respects and since I dont have one.. its going to be a long summer.

Exactly !
When we have exhausted all other topics to discuss , lets come back to this , maybe .
Did anyone happen to notice the size and shape of the key ?
Is it steel , aluminum ,or an alloy , that is lighter than the Viper key ?
I had my Apex key , shaved down to eliminate 31% of its weight , and reduced the cog of the key significantly !
I can really feel the difference in the way the sled handles, as it is way less tippy !

Are we having any fun yet !

Sheesh! At least you had a season! Here in Southern Saskatchewan barely had enough snow to make a snow man!

Cat turbo is 185 I assume this motor is its replacement so right around there.
The zuk cat turbo never made 185 hp nore was it ever stated to be that,cat did say it 180 hp from time to time,but on aheat soaked dyno it was around 175hp real world hp,that is why most all of us did up a tune,my turbo stock was a turd,once TD stage 4 was installed,it was a completely different animal,on map 1 was stated to be 210 hp w/muffler and if new larger outlet pipe installed 215 hp but w/out muffler change closer to 195-200 hp.

Cat says 180 hp in their engine vid.
Correct,and when Am snow did dyno test on new un broke in motor at there little 1/4 mile race on grass more than snow in dec. the year they did it,it was low 170's after break in and warm operating motor more like high 170's but again once really heat soaked motor,you will be down some more,my turbo was a heat blower,motor was over heating more than it ran normal,and the heat from the turbo itself blowing hot air onto the belt compartment was not a good idea,we blew a host of belts,before trying to fix cats mess,and after.

High center of gravity is important, it is the difference in handling of the apex vs the Vector...and we all know there is a huge difference in handling in favor of the vector...its not just weight, its centre of gravity that makes inside ski lift... wich is plagued the apex ...and the rider is higher yes but he counterbalances the sled so the lower the sleds center gravity the easier it is to keep its skis down..

Zbroz makes a 45" wide front end Kit that will fit this chasis. I have used them before(Wide front ends) on Multiple sleds before (Apex, Venture, Crossfire 800) it is the best mod I have ever done - it turns any sled into an apex(not the sled I'm talking about the middle of a corner) carving machine.

I'm in the process or ordering mine now and will also be running 4 wheels on the back which helps it rotate in the corners.

Back