• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder running poorly

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder 153 MTX 2020, 270 maptun kit.
Had issues a while back starting my sidewinder, only starts when turning ignition and holding gas lever slightly in, will NOT idle by itself, dies out.

Filled it up with fresh gas and
Drove to work to try and get it inside the warmth, worked great after being in the heat for some hours. And worked for a couple weeks.

Now, today when it's been outside without being started for 3 days, it has the same issues again.

Any idea what it can be? I figure fouled plugs. But strange that it happens after standing still for a while.

It has 2000km, on what I presume is plugs from when it was new.

Sidewinder 153 mtx 2020 with 270hp maptune kit.

Had issues a while back starting my sidewinder, only starts when turning ignition and holding gas lever slightly in, will NOT idle by itself, dies out.

Filled it up with fresh gas and
Drove to work to try and get it inside the warmth, worked great after being in the heat for some hours. And worked for a couple weeks.

Now, today when it's been outside without being started for 3 days, it has the same issues again.

Any idea what it can be? I figure fouled plugs. But strange that it happens after standing still for a while.

It has 2000km, on what I presume is plugs from when it was new.

Sidewinder 153 mtx 2020 with 270hp maptune kit.
I have had this happen on my wife’s sled. Make sure there is no moisture in the sensors in the vaccum lines that go into the nose area by fuse box. It’s could also be the sensor on the throttle body rack.

Allen Ulmer may know more. @Srxspec

Did you check throttle cable freeplay?
I checked just now, seems normal, about a credit cards thickness play in it. Forgot to mention, on full throttle it shoots/crackles etc

I have had this happen on my wife’s sled. Make sure there is no moisture in the sensors in the vaccum lines that go into the nose area by fuse box. It’s could also be the sensor on the throttle body rack.

I'll make sure to check those vacum lines when I get off work!

Is these the vaccum lines and sensors you had in mind?

Attachments

• 20231223_032932.jpg
    20231223_032932.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 43
Check this info out as well.

Check this info out as well.

Will check over everything mentioned after christmas, right now it's time to relax and enjoy christmas time!

And Thanks for all the tips on what to check!

Make sure the rubber hose under throttle bodies going to the idle air circuit does not have a kink it it or a blockage from water and oil freeze.. That will plug off your idle air.

Back